Beatport Music Store

Please review the existing posts for features and bugs before creating a new forum post.  Votes are the best way to bring attention to feature requests and bugs.  For problems with your account specifically, please reach out to our Customer Care team at support@beatport.com.  You may also explore FAQs here:  https://support.beatport.com/hc/en-us.

Thank you for your feedback!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a phone number

Being able to call you guys

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Beatport, LLC
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track already heard...

Is it possible to add a filter like the songs already heard disappear from the track listing?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mobile version

Hello Beatport,

Can you please do something about the mobile version. There use to be an app, but it disappeared...
    I'm quite a lot on the road and I don't have all time access to my laptop. When I access Beatport from my phone is another format. I can't see the release dates, plus other details...
    How can I use your service, specially LINK and making playlists using my smartphone(android) ?
    Many thanks,
    Daniel

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When playing a whole page of search results, playback sometimes skips tracks

I've seen this happen a few times, and I think I have an idea of what's going on. See the screenshot below...

https://i.imgur.com/TDekTcI.png

In this example, I've sorted a bunch of search results by title and then pressed Play All. Notice that some of the tracks with the same name were skipped, although it's also skipped over a track with a unique name. Maybe the player is having trouble with duplicate names.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Integrate with Spotify

Would be great to transfer a playlist from Spotify directly into a Beatport cart. Could even create a separate cart named after said playlist. Or even if it doesn't go directly into a cart, saving it to my library so I can at least save time manually searching would be a good first step.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search engine is really bad

The search engine is really bad. I searched for Gai Barone Boston on beatport. No results. But I knew it was released so after a quick google search I found it on YOUR site... And this is not the first time this has happened.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Beatport Pro MAC App sync REKORBOX

hi,
    I seem to be the only one to use BEATPORT PRO in mac to make my playlist !! I have a synchronization problem with Rekorbox. The XLM file is not read !!! NEED HELP

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reserve the HYPE classification only for emerging labels

The idea of ​​the HYPE ranking is really good because it gives the possibility to minor labels and emerging artists to get noticed.
    Unfortunately, however, I have created that in recent times, in the Hype (Trance) ranking, there are the sub labels of the major labels and with them there are already established producers.
    This has become a second ranking for major labels and major artists, taking away the possibility for emerging labels and artists to make themselves known.
    I therefore ask that only minor labels be included in the HYPE classification, as it was at the beginning.
    I find…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why don't you recommend tracks that mix into the one I'm looking at?

So I'm sitting here at my friend's place coming up with a quick mix and happen to come back here in need of assistance in finding the BPM/Key of song on the tracklist I'm compiling. (Thank you!)

...then I was thinking about what I wanted to go into next. When I scrolled down to look at the recommended tracks I noticed it was mostly tracks by the artist I was looking at (The Prodigy - We Live Forever) and the 'People also bought' section was just a random assortment of what people bought.

Now this is where maybe I think…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. the website is super slow !!

the loading super slow and the amount of crashing is ridiculous !!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Check integrity of downloaded tracks (md5sum for example)

Multiple times tracks are cut short for some reasons. I have to ask the support by email to be able to download them again.
    Could you please add a check mechanism after the download to be sure the file has a correct integrity ? Using md5sum or any other hash technic for example.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ambient genre

I know it's hard to cater to everyone's genre requests, but "Ambient" is a tag that's existed for decades, and it describes a huge amount of the music that's currently classified as "Electronica/Downtempo" on Beatport. So I think it'd be a good candidate for the next genre tag.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. **Player Queue Feedback**

It's currently way too cramped for people that like to queue up lots of music to check through! Something like the queue on the old site would work much better - we could see a large number of tracks at once, more easily find tracks that we wanted to listen back to, sort things by name/artist/label... relegating it to a small section of the available window noticeably knocks its functionality back.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Gifting Songs

Because Apple has become hugely inconvenient (hinthint Business Opportunity) in terms of music for anyone not into its streaming service, I wanted to purchase a track that I really liked and already onwed on beatport so I could gift to my brother as a song on beatport. So far I am allowed to buy the same song more than once, but more than 15 minutes of googling have not revealed what would happen if I did that, so yeah, I wanna give away music but I am not sure the site will permit me to and if that feature…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Download page is buggy

Today I'm only able to download 1 track at a time. Meaning when I press the download arrow next to the purchased track, it downloads but it sends me to an ''error'' page, so I then have to go back into LIBRARY page, then go back to download page, scroll down, search for my next track download track and do it all over again. Not fun when you have over 100 to do..

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please bring back the "Progressive Breaks" Sub Genre Catagory

There used to be a Sub Genre under Breaks for Progressive Breaks, but it disappeared. Please bring it back!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add "Original Release Date" (sortable)

Re-release labels seem to have taken over Beatport (at least within House / Jackin House genres) and it's detracting significantly from genuine new releases. Please enforce an Original Release Date, which we can sort by and save trawling through these endless re-releases. We want to see new music front and centre. These so-called labels are destroying the Beatport experience.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WAV/AIFF in 24 bits

It is time to evolve to the next level. Several music stores are beginning to offer new WAV/AIFF tracks in 24 bits. Beatport must remain as the no. 1 music store with the best possible music quality of the market.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dubstep category should be dubstep, not brostep

I was looking for new dubstep tracks and all I got were these lousy brostep sounds with screeching synths. I know that kids nowadays unfortunately think that "dub"step should not have any reverb and sound like Transformers having ***, but I expect that Beatport knows better.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Beatport Music Store

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base