Beatport Music Store

PLEASE REVIEW THE EXISTING REQUESTS FOR FEATURES AND BUGS BEFORE CREATING A FORUM POST. VOTES ARE THE BEST WAY TO GET FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUGS ATTENTION.

How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alphabetical sorting of filter menu

In the "My Beatport" area I have trouble finding the specific label or artist I want from the filter drop down menus because they're not in alphabetical order. It takes me a while to browse the filter list up and down before I find what I need. Quite a difficult mechanic since it's in two columns as well; forcing your eyes to scan two columns at the same time as you scroll down.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ** Settings for Picking Download File Names **

PS: Let the user choose the "Filename" he/she wants for a downloaded track. Let them choose.

Artists - Trackname or
    Artists - Trackname - Year or
    Artists - Album - Trackname - Year

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ** Selectable Section of Previews for Tracks**

I can't BELIEVE Beatport still hasn't implemented "needle drop" previews. Half the previews I listen to in the trance and progressive categories don't even make it out of the breakdown. A needle drop is the ONLY way to make sure the track you want is the right mix. I asked for this a couple of years ago but received push back that there were licensing issues. Well, Beatport is the KING now. You can do what you want. If record companies don't want to put entire tracks up with needle drop previews, tough, they have nowhere else to sell their…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Beatport Pro for iOS

Would be nice to see a Beatport Pro app for iOS (iPhone and iPad). Would appreciate to see features of the desktop application implemented, such as previewing and adding tracks to carts.
    Maybe not downloading on iOS, but adding for further download via the desktop version or the website

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. **Display all Versions of Track on Track Page (Remix, edits, etc)**

I would really like to get a list of all available remixes (including the original) of a certain track when entering one of the versions of that track. I usually check all remixes of the track I'm interested in, before I buy the one/s I like best.

So a 'REMIX ALTERNATIVES' section instead of (or in addition to) 'APPEARS ON', 'PEOPLE ALSO BOUGHT' & 'RECOMMENDED TRACKS' on the track page would be great :-)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stutter/crackling in preview player when using Microsoft Edge

There's some annoying stutter/crackling in preview player stutter/crackling when using Microsoft Edge. This has been the case for quite some time and happens with the latest version too:
    Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0
    Microsoft EdgeHTML 15.15063

It may be a bug in Edge but it may also be a problem in your code.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. pre order is the worst idea

Why are you add the pre order choice? It's completely bullshit. Because you try to sell the released songs on pre order like a new track. I think you didn't understand the pre order mind. And these songs always on top and i couldn't check what is new because of your useless pre order idea. Also your mobile app is crap. I couldn't check anything on that app (new songs, my profile, etc.). And your app for macbook pro doesn't work. It always warn me about login but i can't. When you try to add something new you failed. It…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. **New Tracks Since Last Login for My Beatport Indicator**

When selecting your My Beatport you see that that there are new tracks available. When following the link you see the new but also the old tracks.
    It would be nice that the new tracks of that period will be highlighted.
    And that you also can select to play only the new tracks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. **Buy All Carts button**

Love the new Carts. Need a way to just buy them all at once.

Also, the downloads section should specify which carts they came from.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Non mp3 pricing

Ok, first off, your site wiped my text when I logged in, and there are 404s all over the place, fix the damn site.

Now the real reason I'm here: fix the pricing on music. I don't care if you charge me $0.75 per song to not have a lossy format (mp3) if I am buying individual songs. BUT I do not want to pay $42 for a $22 album just because I don't want mp3. Bandcamp doesn't charge at all for different formats, and it offers FLAC which I would much prefer.

If you are worried about bandwidth: use…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There are multiple artists of the name "Dakota" but the database has only one entry

Hello,

I can identify at least two artists named "Dakota" whereas the beatport database makes no difference between them:
    https://www.beatport.com/artist/dakota/54747

Two different artists
    - Dakota (pres. by Markus Schulz): Trance, Progressive, Techno. Track examples are "Chinook", "Katowice", "Mota-Mota".
    - Dakota: Dance. Track examples are "Fast Car", "Dreams".

Eventually, there is a third artists in the HipHop genre. Track examples may be "On Acid", "$tarsky & Hutch".

It would be nice if you could fix that problem by creating separate entries in the database.

Thank you in advance,

Christopher

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Estaria Genial que sacaran una App Oficial de esta Pagina eso nos serviria de Mucho a todos; seria una gran App

Una app que sustituya a la pagina; seria mas facil de usar y una grandisima opcion espero lo tomen en cuenta ❤

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. **Cover Art in Cart/Hold Bins**

Thought I'd start a separate item;

The Releases, and the Recommended sections of my cart have cover art thumbnails. Why doesn't the track list? Is this planned / still being rolled out?

Thanks BP !

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for the feedback. This is certainly work that is planned to be completed. We’ll reach out when this work is done in both the cart and the hold bin.

14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ***Played Track Indicator***

This issue was closed on March 23, 2015, but a replay icon does not show up anywhere a played track appears under a unique account login.

This is a critical feature for those of us who trawl through the thousands of archived and recently added tracks. It can mean the difference between using Beatport or not.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Higher quality previews

I think we all need better sound quality previews to make Beatport perfect, 96kbps at the moment is too low, sometimes horrible artifacts destroy the sound and we lose a lot expecially in the high frequencies, for me it could be great if you give us the opportunity to listen music at higher bitrate than now! I hope that this point will be seriously discussed in the nearly future, in my opinion is the last step to reach the top, the pleasure of listening a non ultra-compressed file is amazing!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. *** Allow Purchased Customer Comments on Tracks and Releases***

People can say what they think of the music.

Also, we can discuss similar music that others might enjoy. Sometimes I find a great track, would be nice to be able to discuss it with people to find more amazing music.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Streaming service

Beat Pandora. Become the hub of electronic music streaming by partnering with Shazam for a direct link to any content in the store. Don't charge too much for the service and definitely keep that awesome customer service.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Revert the changes made to "More From This Label"

Previously, when you clicked on one of the first 21 releases on a record label, that release would still be located at the "More From This Label" section near the bottom of the page. Now, if the release is one of the first 21 releases and you click it, that release disappears from the "More from this label" section and you can forget where it was originally located. To me, this just seems like an unneccessary fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. DJ.BEATPORT " CONNECTION NOT SECURE "

Most up to date browsers are now showing:
    DJ.BEATPORT as:

" CONNECTION NOT SECURE "
    Top left of the Browsers address bar

CONCLUSION ?