Beatport Music Store

PLEASE REVIEW THE EXISTING REQUESTS FOR FEATURES AND BUGS BEFORE CREATING A FORUM POST. VOTES ARE THE BEST WAY TO GET FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUGS ATTENTION.

How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Store played tracks in user profile

Hi Beatport,

So this is really really bugging me!

I frequently use two computers, i have my laptop at work and i use my mac stationary at home. When i'm at work i'm quite often digging into labels i like but when work day is over i would like to continue at home. So i go back, open my beatport app on my computer but no! the Played track indicator is following my beatport app and not my Beatport account. Why is this information not stored in your user profile? Basically digging into lables is useless as soon you open…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get rid of the orange pre-release tracks in my beatport.

Hey guys

I've been using you since 2005 and fully understand the need for evolvement and innovation. You have made some great changes and developments over the years, yet you've also made some bad calls too.

Now i make this comment as a customer, but I am also a label owner that uses the site and at first I thought, it would be great to see our tracks at the top of 'my beatport'. However, now after a few weeks as a consumer and after running through my weekly routine in buying tunes I do have to say....

This pre-release…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. **Historical Look at Charting**

This very idea sprung to mind a while back. Moreover, I was pondering at the prospect of implementing a drop-down menu comprising of the month and its respective year - using the current Top 100 format - in order to revisit tracks which one may have listened to months - if not a few years back. Then again, I reckon that it'll be a terrific addition!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fantastic idea. There are currently high priority features that need to be considered first but we will definitely consider this option in the future. Thank you for the feedback.

4. **Embeddable Player Generator for Tracks/Releases/Artists/Labels**

Enter a code generator to every artist and label to create a html code or shortoced (with its plugins) for wordpress sites. This will surely improve service efficiency, visibility and sales.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make ratings (*****) for tracks, releases, etc

Make ability to set the track rating (as 5 stars). Save it in the user profile to. Show it in the user carts.
    Rating can help to organize tracks inside user carts.
    Also, ratings (from all users) can be used for sorting in global lists.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ***Higher Bitrate Previews***

The quality (mostly the high frequencies of the previews) are too low.

Most users probably have a big list of songs to go through every few weeks/months. So previewing goes fast. For me, if a song sucks, in a few seconds I'm skipping to the next song. Lately it happens that I buy songs that I had initially skipped but because of hearing it a dj mix set or on youtube with much better quality dynamics, I go back and add it to the crate.

This probably has negative impact on sales, since relatively new and unknown songs don't give…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save artists/labels in diferent lists (into My Beatport news)

I want to separate my lists by moments like: warm up, peaktime, chill out, dub, etc ...

I have saved many labels and producers of different styles, but they are all messed up in my MyBeatport list, and when I need to search for some specific type of music, I need to access another account where I have only saved certain styles of music. I'd think it would be nice if it was all in a single account separated by lists of preferences and times as I described.

I do not know if it was clear but I think it…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customer Support / Help  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. **Filtering on Top 100 Charts**

Filters for the top 100 charts which are #position, Name, Artist, Mixers, Label, Genre and Release date

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. *** Allow Downloads to Mobile Devices ***

I would like to down load tracks to my phone direct in stead of downloading to a pc then transferring

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. **Improve Search Algorithms**

I just was searching for Calvin Harris - Blame
    all i get to see in the tracklist are tracks, where something is missing. Songs by Calvin Harris like Summer and many other things
    If you want to suggest something that does not match the whole search query, ok! But please divide it in two sections...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Problem with section My Beatport!

I don't see new tracks in My Beatport section, there wrote: YOU'RE NOT FOLLOWING ANYONE YET!
    But i have many following !

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. **Previous Purchases Display Upgrade to WAV/AIFF Formats**

I am slowly going through and upgrading my previous mp3 purchases to AIF. I'm not doing it in any specific order sometimes I only want to upgrade a couple of specific tracks. If the previously downloaded list was searchable it would make everyone who is trying to this much easier. Instead of having to go through endless pages we would be able to search our lists and upgrade the tracks we wanted with a minimum of fuss.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. TOP 200 CHARTS LIKE I-TUNES

Please Add more to the charts for all genres. GET US TOP 200. give less famous track more space. Make it like i-Tunes charts

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. *** Play Entire Track for Preview in Sections ***

Allow users to be able to select different parts of tune to preview, such as Juno, Traxsource, and Trackitdown does. Also, player is slowest part of site - please fix so it loads faster.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Invoice download

It would be great if you could download the entire bills a year, in the customer's account.

It facilitates the creation of the tax return.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. *** Highlight My Beatport Artist/Labels in Track Grids ***

Sorry for the bad english. There is a desire to add a function to MyBeatport who actively use this feature I think will support me. When the number of artists in the list MyBeatport is very large, it is difficult to understand when listening to the reason why this particular song came to you in MyBeatport (on the label, artist or remixer). So, a good idea would be to add a backlight source MyBeatport track list, and of course that it is switched off in the settings as desired. I hope my idea though garbled but understandable.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ** Settings for Picking Download File Names **

PS: Let the user choose the "Filename" he/she wants for a downloaded track. Let them choose.

Artists - Trackname or
    Artists - Trackname - Year or
    Artists - Album - Trackname - Year

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. *** Notify User Moving Items from Hold Bin to Cart for Previous Purchases***

If I put a track in the hold bin and then end up buying the track at another time. If I have forgotten that I already purchased the track and add it back into my Main Bin, there is no validation that I do not already own the track like there is when you first add a track into the main cart. You should add the same purchase verification from things coming out of the hold bin into your shopping cart to warn you that you do not already own it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Beatport Pro for iOS

Would be nice to see a Beatport Pro app for iOS (iPhone and iPad). Would appreciate to see features of the desktop application implemented, such as previewing and adding tracks to carts.
    Maybe not downloading on iOS, but adding for further download via the desktop version or the website

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Beatport Music Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base