Beatport Music Store

PLEASE REVIEW THE EXISTING REQUESTS FOR FEATURES AND BUGS BEFORE CREATING A FORUM POST. VOTES ARE THE BEST WAY TO GET FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUGS ATTENTION.

How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. **Improvements to My Beatport - ALL FEEDBACK ON MY BEATPORT**

How my listening used to work >
    1. Select My Beatport.
    2. Select a date range
    3. Sort by oldest date first.
    4. Press play on the first tune.
    5. I keep my left hand on the arrow keys, and the right on the mouse, hovered over the clip. That way I can skip forward quickly, two or three times each tune, to see if anything catches my ear. Otherwise, I press the right arrow key and move on. No need to use a queue or anything
    How it works now > I have to use the add to queue…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Linux Beatport Pro Version

I can't be the only one using Linux. If Mac receives one why not Linux?

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. **Hide Player Option**

It would be nice to add an option to hide the player for those who are just browsing. Small yet convenient to music buyers!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. **Player/Queue Feature Feedback**

The new player on the pro site is almost unusable.

INCREASE THE SIZE (or at least make it scalable for different devices).
    - We used to be able to see a whole album release or more. Now we can't see more than 4.5 tracks at a time. if you have hundreds of tracks in your player to go through, trying to find a certain one is impossible.

FIX PLAY ORDER AFTER REMOVING A TRACK
    - When you remove a track from the player, the 'track cursor', returns to the top of the list, rather than the next track. If you…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. **Adjust Download Track Titles in Account Settings**

When I download a track from Beatport the track will read "registernnumber_songtitle_remix"
    Can this be changed to:
    "Artist - Title (remix)" ?
    This would make things so much easier and less time consuming. I have to rename every single track and look for details to make it complete. A headache.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. **Store Play Queue and Played Content in Account**

Retaining of current play queues, against user accounts.

For example, If I have a queue of tunes loaded on my MacBook, I'd like to be able to log in – using my same account – on my iPhone and keep listening to the same list.

Currently, browser crashes, too, are painful, as the playlists are lost.

Is this functionality on the horizon?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. **Add Remixers, Labels, BPM, Key to Cart & Hold Bin Grids**

Once in your shopping cart, the remixer no longer shows up, nor does the label, along with BPM, key, and other attributes. These things are very helpful / important to see in the shopping cart - you want to know you're not buying 10 songs on the same label accidentally, or by the same remixer. Only after checking out yesterday and using BP Downloader did I realize that I'd purchased 3 songs remixed by the same artist, unknowingly, because my cart didn't specify remixers.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. **Add Tagging to Pro for Web (Mood, Vocal, Venue, Set Time)**

Getting fed up with trying to find specific styles within large genres like progressive house and techno. Given that the odds of some genres getting misfiled are great, such as EDM into tech house and so forth, why not allow the community to create some tags for songs and then allow members to upvote the most appropriate tags? For example, in breaks, psybreaks is a subgenre that is not accounted for, but community tagging can help some people to identify psybreaks tunes quicker. Same for techfunk and so on.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. **Display/Filter by Mood, Venue, Set Time, and Vocal Tags**

I think something that will be very helpful is the ability for Artists/Labels to be able to tag their songs/albums. One of the things that myself, and many others I talk to loathe about Beatport is the genre restrictions. I understand that it isn't feasible to create a new genre tag on Beatport for every little sub genre that exists. However, let's be real. It IS a problem when the Electro House & Progressive House genres are overloaded with Bigroom EDM tracks because they have nowhere else to put them. Tagging would help this a lot. If I want to…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. **Territory Restricted Tracks Watchlist**

Given that there are some tracks that are restricted in some areas to certain labels, it would be great to allow territory restricted tracks to be visible to those who can't buy and download them, but with a twist: Clicking on the territory restricted track would add it to a user's watchlist for when they might become available on Beatport under a different label or if the label reconsiders their position and allows them to be sold in that territory at a later date.

Labels could also gauge potential demand for some territories using database figures showing how many people…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. **Stream Purchased Library**

make a beatport app where you can stream your library on your phone etc

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. **Remove "Purchased from Beatport.com" Tag from Comments**

I use the "Comments" field to track the harmonic key. After I tag the key in the Comment, I load up a track in Traktor and the Comment is now overwritten by "Purchased at Beatport.com". I see when I get info for the mp3 that this comment is included in the mp3 file. It serves no purpose for me (or most people, I'd imagine). How can I delete that comment and maintain my harmonic key tag?

This behavior seems new to the pro site. Super frustrating.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. “New Arrivals This Week” with a “View email as a Web page “ link at the top of the page with

Hi

Please can you update your new mail out of “New Arrivals This Week” with a “View email as a Web page “ link at the top of the page with play links like your now retired version of the page.
    This would be great, thank you.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. **Facebook/Twitter/Google Social Login**

Add Facebook integrated login as the old version plzz

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bring back the "Chill Out" genre!

Seeing as the Electronica / Downtempo chart is just filled with Deep House, Techno and Progressive House, I think the proper Chill Out genre chart/section serves a great purpose. It might not be the most popular genre on Beatport, but it's for sure a genre people will browse every now and then. It's also a very clean chart and easy to maintain.

It's useful for both labels and consumers to have a solid place to get and expose this kind of music and it's a shame you removed it.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. **Create and Delete DJ Charts**

couldn't do this with the older version, should be able to do this now so i would use beatport as an official profile again

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. **Search Improvements**

Search tool starts to work only after typing of at least 3 characters. And some artists have shorter names (2 characters). In such cases your search tool is not being activated.
    The only way to bypass the problem is to add third character and immediately delete it, after search tool starts to work.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. *** Feature to Directly to Artists Tracks / Release Pages vs. Featured ***

When exploring for new music, I like to go straight to an artist's list of tracks. I never want to look at the artist's "featured" page. Beatport automatically loads the "featured" page first, and from there I have to click "tracks".

I would like it if there was an option in my settings so that when I click on an artist's name, it would take me straight to the "tracks" page, instead of having to make the extra "click", and wait the extra loading and page response time.

I imagine this feature would be quite easy to implement as an…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. **Gift Vouchers/Cards**

2015...how come you don't have these?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. **Add Release date to Latest Release Modules**

Under the 'Latest Releases' for each artist and label's home page, it would be nice to show the release date for each release without having to click on the release first.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Beatport Music Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base