Beatport Music Store

Please review the existing posts for features and bugs before creating a new forum post.  Votes are the best way to bring attention to feature requests and bugs.  For problems with your account specifically, please reach out to our Customer Care team at support@beatport.com.  You may also explore FAQs here:  https://support.beatport.com/hc/en-us.

Thank you for your feedback!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve website speed, PLEASE.

I've just lost 50% discount because I couldn't reach last step before the payment, even reloading the page was useless. Shopping tracks on Beatport has become very disappointing. Also the track's preview is going slower day by day. Discovering new artists, labels or tracks became impossible. Site performances make me feel very sad, because Beatport has always been my best tool for track digging until today.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Beatport, LLC
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Being Researched  ·  1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to access custom tags

How can i access custom tags (not part of ID3v2.4) such as "style" with common third party id tag editors?

More specifically, they dont seem to be stored on the mp3 files in the same way artist or album would be.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Android app would be handy

As above. I use apps for everything. The mobile website does not function well on my phone, which is and always will be android. I think you are missing out here.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why is classic still supported

I'm curious to know why classic is still supported. Doesn't it cost more money to maintain two versions of the website? Maybe the savings could be used to lower the price of music?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Soundcould

Great

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. bring back the ability to scrub through track samples on the player....

since you guys updated the site a few weeks ago I cant scrub through the samples of the tracks anymore... it takes way to long to listen to the whole sample of the track.. I rerally liked that feature

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Playlist auto-scrolls so that now-playing track is at the top

As far as I can tell this doesn't add anything but it does make it more annoying to navigate the playlist, especially as now it's only 3 tracks in size. I may want to still see the track before the track which is now playing. A button that does this would be preferable, rather that it doing it automatically. thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. **Show 'info' details on hover as well as click**

It would be handy to have the playing track 'info' popup appear when hovering with a mouse and when clicked/tapped. I'm using this area a lot on desktop and the additional click gets a little annoying on lengthy visits.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. **Player Queue Feedback**

It's currently way too cramped for people that like to queue up lots of music to check through! Something like the queue on the old site would work much better - we could see a large number of tracks at once, more easily find tracks that we wanted to listen back to, sort things by name/artist/label... relegating it to a small section of the available window noticeably knocks its functionality back.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Disco

I think Disco should have it's own genre or sub-genre at the least. You have some great old music on here that I mix in to my sets but it's filed under "House" or "Funky Soul". Disco is it's own thing. Mid 70s to early 80s. I think there's a market for this, there are many DJs who only spin from certain eras of music. Not everyone spins New Releases all the time. Also, organize and promote your back stock more, specifically Techno. I would like to look back and see what songs did well in what years to see…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Beatport Link and Rekordbox

Please show the song's release date in Rekordbox via Beatport Link.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Tabbed navigation to "my artists" and "my labels"

Just a simple user experience feed back for the "my artists" dropdown next to the cart.

If you had tabs at the top that you could switch between my artists and my labels, it would make it a better experience to switch that way, vs having to scroll to the bottom.

I have about 200 artists that I watch, and I rarely check out the labels because i have to scroll for so long.

It would be an easy test to do, even split it up with and A/B test and it will blow the previous way out of the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. DJ Video Section

DJ Video Section UX cound be more friendly:

- Video Preview Thumbnail is not showed.
    - Only list with ugly links exists.
    - Video plays only on a separate page, not "out of the box"

Regards

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Apple Music & Spotify Playlists - Mobile app

Thought it would be so handy if you were to make playlists for each genre's charts on streaming platforms that were updated every week or so, so we could discover them daily, add them, and buy them later! Similar to how labels do.

Or making a mobile app we can stream from to discover new tunes, and add to the cart or holding bin. I just have no way of accessing beatport's music unless I'm tied down to my pc!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Beatport Music Store

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base