How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

**Speed/Performance Too Slow & Timeouts**

Play buttons in track lists doesn't work anymore, beachball all the time. Firefox runs just fine, but when skipping through a track you hear sound artefacts

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
MichaelKruckMichaelKruck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rzwiersrzwiers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's almost impossible to listen to tracks because of all the pops and clicks and even speed changes (music slows down/speeds up). In my opinion you have a serious bandwidth problem. Please fix this soon.

• broadcastingbroadcasting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stopped using the new site a while ago because of the artefacts, came back today because the play button isn't working in the classic site. Still getting the artefacts

• kuliakulia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Rich,
    I had the impression that opening a second Beatport tab just made the problems begin to appear sooner.
    I now streamed music for an entire hour until the problems started again, which previously was never possible. So it seems to indeed be an improvement again, although I didn't open a second tab now.
    Regards,

• CharlesYangCharlesYang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a Safari user, but I used to shop on Beatport with Chrome, cause I have no idea why it fit Beatport better.
    However I feel better when shopping Beatport with Safari about listening before shopping. It's faster to preview songs. Thanks.
    On the other hand, I haven't shopped on Beatport for several months because of the price, and I prefer Bandcamp now. They offer lower price and re-download in lots of formats.
    I will still come back to Beatport because there're more electronic songs than Bandcamp for some time.
    Still, thanks for improving. It's better now.

• MarckMMarckM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Biiiig improvement,
    On Mac El Capitan with Safari: Entire site is faster, everything is loading, the lower bar that sometimes hovered mid site seems to be solved, basket/purchase is miles faster, swapping between pages is now working...

iPad: is faster for sure - but navigation is still bad...

In Singapore

Well done though - thanks !!

• kapitolkapitol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I´m not seeing any relevant difference, sorry :(

Noooo...I´m joking, :D

i feel it really improved, I was using the classic layout all these months, and finally seems to be totally fixed so, let´s change !

ps:
    I´m in Spain...Win 8 / Chrome

• kuliakulia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Rich,
    I did notice an improvement. The first half hour I could stream tracks from My Beatport without problems, nice and fast.
    However then I opened a second tab, and the hiccupping sound started occurring again. Initially only when scrolling through the track listing, a bit later also with which ever mouse movement, and another 15 minutes later the sound got distorted all the time, so I had to stop listening. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.
    Regards,

• BeatportRichAdminBeatportRich (Product Owner, Beatport, LLC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Everyone, first of all thank you for all your patience and feedback we iterate on our music store. Today we released some additional changes our the performance of the music store. Could some of you tell me if the site feels faster to you? If not, where are you seeing poor performance? Can you post some places in the site that might be slow to you?

Thanks,

Rich Hofer
    Director of Product

• skyschemerskyschemer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a 52 second load time this morning. This is actually a regular occurrence. The page loads, or appears to, but then hangs for 30 seconds or so. Chrome's debug console shows a 30-second gap where literally no network resources are being loaded.

The problem is the JavaScript. I ran a profile and 35 seconds are spent spinning around in main.js (roughly line 11 in your minimized JS source file), under o.animateQueueButton -> o.onPlayableAdd -> c -> e.Events.trigger. This even generates a warning from Chrome: "Not optimized: bad value context for arguments value".

• ChayDChayD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm inclined to agree, the site has so much potential, but it seems to be plagued with cookie handling problems (I.e. it shows you as logged in when you're not), slowness, and a really chaotic UX such as the predictive search never quite getting it right unless you're really specific (which kinda defeats the object). The recommendation engine is good, though.

• iankingianking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Beatport,

Ever since you guys moved to pure html and js your site has become super slow. Just looking at the JS profiler, I have never seen a site take 31.18 s for JS to do it's bidding.

Please reduce to at least 3 s

• AlexCasteAlexCaste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The web pages are extremely heavy and slow loading. Please optimize them so that the page can load. Currently the time out and lag problem just seems to be getting worse.

• sklicheskliche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I face the same issue.

Looks like there is something wrong with the javascript.
    I am running osx 10.10.5 and use chrome 46.0.2490.86

• Masa0Masa0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been a Mac OS X Yosemite user since March 2015 and have had a horrible experience with load times and hiccups during purchasing in both Chrome and Safari. If iTunes wasn't equally as glitchy, you would have lost me as a customer a long time ago. That being said, if things don't improve soon, I will be happy to shop at Juno exclusively and pay the extra price for tracks for a shopping experience that is stress-free.

• bassydolembassydolem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My most frustrating slowdown that the list of songs queried are listed but the play buttons are disabled until the last xhr has come back (things like artist data fetch and geolocation -> takes several seconds).

• tim_panalleytim_panalley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beatport has always been the fastest site for previewing songs. Lately it has been the slowest. Not sure whats going on, but currently its unusable.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base