How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

**Add a Download All Button**

it is really annoying to purchase tracks in bulk and then have to manually click each single one to download.

i can complain about many items with your site, but this one frustrates me the most.

59 votes
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Beatport, LLC
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
sethmooney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in Sign in with Beatport, LLC
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • arkation commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, Beatport, read between the lines a bit when people make such requests: we want to be able to download all the possible Downloads we have with one button press. We don't simply want a 'Download All' button that is disabled and does nothing (such is the case in the current Beatport Pro application).

• AdrianTP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the Beatport desktop app, the "Available" section changes its number constantly, never matching the number shown on the actual Beatport website (Right now the app shows 503, but the website shows 770). I've clicked the Download All button multiple times, and it downloaded 711 actual files, but the playlist shows 884 items, with many duplicate rows (many/all of which point to the same file) and no easy way to get rid of the duplicates or filter for uniqueness. The website lacks a "Download All" button, and clicking 770 Download buttons one by one is a positively ridiculous proposition. I understand this is difficult to implement, but maybe there's a "Download All" button, which adds us to a queue, ZIPs all the files, and emails us a download link when it's ready. Maybe that ZIP file is stored temporarily on an FTP server so we don't kill your main website with the traffic. Or maybe investigate using Torrent technology for this, the way that different Linux websites do for their disk image download links. Frankly I don't care how it's implemented, as long as it is available, and it works, and I actually get to download every song I paid for and I can be sure that I am not missing any before the download deadline expires.

• mo2ri5tz7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

everytime i download a new set of songs the downloader forces me to redownload all tracks i have.its driving me crazy how can a company of that size not provide their users with atleast a solid app?

• andyturner87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's been 4 years since this comment and still no bulk download. trackitdown used to do it. juno does it. its not difficult. i have to download 252 tracks one by one and theyre going at 3kb/s in 2019. what is this

• visitjacek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

since bpdownloader seems to be offline for a while now and bp pro is more crap than i could use, this or similar improvements becomes urgent NOW. but after 2ahalf years of nothing is happening at all, it seems useless to ask for improvements - like in other tabs too. what is this whole "How can we improve Beatport Music Store?" thing for????

• Lyrael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beatport Downloader (now Beatport Pro) is not a solution to this. If I wanted iTunes I'd buy from iTunes. Beatport Pro is just a bad version of that.

+1 for Download All (as zip, from the website, without installing any more crapware). Won't be buying any more from BP until this is fixed.

• chunkmaxi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sounds like the beatport downloader does what I want but why should i need another app to do what should be a basic function.

• Kickflip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you've not encountered it, check the Beatport Downloader software. It's not direct from the web page, but it does exactly what you want, and also lets you do things like set a default download directory, and customise the naming scheme of downloaded files (no more of that 157275_tunename_artistname weirdness!)

Feedback and Knowledge Base