How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

**Adjust Download Track Titles in Account Settings**

When I download a track from Beatport the track will read "registernnumber_songtitle_remix"
Can this be changed to:
"Artist - Title (remix)" ?
This would make things so much easier and less time consuming. I have to rename every single track and look for details to make it complete. A headache.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Beatport, LLC
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
TheoSanders shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in Sign in with Beatport, LLC
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Radio_HERA_South commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really a very good idea and has been successfully implemented by most music download sites for years.

I miss that a lot at Beatport and wonder why it hasn't received many votes for years?!

• petermartin21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for letting me use the sites great genre, search and preview feature, allowing me to find cool new artists! I'l

Do I buy that much from BP vs other sites or most importantly the artists? Naw, usually it's because of silly amateur things like simple naming conventions like this. Sometimes the cart doesn't even work on four different browsers on PC.

Gotta love wanting to buy some new music before a gig and basic 101 stuff like naming conventions and shopping carts are broken.

Most artists I've found their band camp site and prefer to purchase this way.

Thanks for making it difficult to purchase/organize, I'll use the shit out of your bandwidth and preview features!!

LOL

• Rebel_Dekadance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This whole thread reminds me of the SImpson's episode where Homer finds out all of his suggestions in the suggestion box are actually powering a furnace...Beatport while I love it has been fucking majorly, and little issues like this need to be addressed this isn't amateur hour and this ain't the Apollo - BEATPORT GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. Please.

Thank you.

• BLACKOUT44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a decent song name without numbers before the song name and get the songs to automaticly show the artist name when you load them on rekordBox

• Anihlist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of all the numbers where the artist should be in downloaded tracks renaming every track = annoying. Organizing tunes is already a big enough pain without needing to rename every single one.

• mikecunt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on guys, please get this sorted, its as if you are promoting illegal downloads.

• TheoSanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is especially a problem with the truncated view of the description of the tracks now.
    You have to cross check your downloads with your purchases on the site to make sure they match.

• TheoSanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now when you download a track it saves on your computer as "category number_title_remix"
    I would like the option: "Artist - Title (remix)
    Please make this happen. I have to rename every single track I buy now. Waste of time.
    Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base