How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

**Recommendations Does NOT Include Previous Purchases**

Hi , The 'recommended tracks' section should not recommend tracks you have purchased already. Its easy to add this feature I'm sure?
thanks for listening!

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
martinchiro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JimiSmyth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"tracks that one has purchased should AUTOMATICALLY be identified as PURCHASED and be able to filter these out of any refined searches"

Agreed!

• masterjo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue as well - it doesn't get any more basic than this.
    You want to sell tracks? I guess so. That seems to be your core business.
    Do you have all the data necessary to make suggestions based on years of my purchasing history? I guess so. That seems to be the one data set you have that nobody else does.
    Do you think an improvement in this would increase your sales numbers? No you don't need to think. You don't need to make an educated guess. Run an A/B test, ask your users, look at the numbers you already have.

Should you be able to decide this on evidence already at hand or rather easy to et? Yes.
    Should you do that regardless of the vote count over here? I don't know. But my guess is that the relevant number is somewhere in your reporting and not over in some user feedback system.

Again I'm sorry how I'm sounding today but looking over the forums over here once in a while it's quite ridiculous how you don't make a difference between something like this - it doesn't get any closer to your core business (remember: selling music! or is it?) - or (admittedly) petty layout changes.

• DJ_Jedidiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to this, tracks that one has purchased should AUTOMATICALLY be identified as PURCHASED and be able to filter these out of any refined searches. Not just indicate what is CURRENTLY IN CART.

• filthyfunker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep I agree with "Bmulholland". The response of "lets get some more votes" is a MAJOR cop out. Why does this even need discussing. It is a small and easy to fix problem. Its not a terribly interesting subject, just something that needs fixing as it is an actual PROBLEM not a feature request.

• bmulholland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pretty straightforward bug that's been present for quite some time. I don't think "Let's get some more votes" is a good response for that. I understand that you're trying to prioritize issues, but if you only work on the highly-voted items you're going to miss plenty of small issues that need to be addressed too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base