How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

**Allow Re-download of Purchased Tracks**

Anyone can loose their data (music in this case;) someday and as such it would be very welcome if we could re-download the tracks we have already purchased at any time (even itunes allows this!)

968 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
nonnusnonnus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MindscraperMindscraper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. This is very customer unfriendly in my opinion. On all services I know you can download content that you paid for without restriction! I will switch services if this will not be fixed asap!

• Tup3xTup3x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If competitors can do it and at lower prices, why can't Beatport? This doesn't make sense.

• RMiBKKRMiBKK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All purchased music should be available at anytime. It is incredible that after paying for music the service is capped. It encourages users to do illegal downloads to get their music back.

• bigb123bigb123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How it is even possible that I don't have access to my tracks from beatport webpage??!! I bought tracks, logged out, closed my browser and went to sleep. The next day I want to download them... but how??! There is even no link in the order receipt e-mail I got after purchase. Beatport: really? Your service looks beautiful but leaks basic functionality...

• saotokyoskasaotokyoska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish the same, I lost tracks when my hard disk stop to work, i could search on google but cmon we know we cant find all the tracks there. is necessary a permanent download avaiable. We already paid for those tracks

• t1mo3mt1mo3m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel it would be a useful feature. Even if some form of confirmation is required, should this not be available in some form as part of a purchase history?
    It would be real nice to have this feature even if it could only be triggered say once a year. Even better would be an "auto" update that made sure you have all your tracks at all times. :-)

• rattehratteh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last year I thought I'll go legal with everything I own and music was the last thing in the list.
    Having now bought around 500 tracks I realized some of them are not fully downloaded and I started to search for re-download option - it wasn't there

This issue is something I wasn't aware of before - I guess it's my problem as I do not read the terms of service (yes, how awful person I am).

I can hopefully sort this out with support this time but I from now on think twice after buying more music from Beatport.

I'm surprised this feature request has so few upvotes (probably 80% of the people don't use uservoice).

Please make re-download a feature and I will continue pouring my money on BP. Until then - I will get my music from elsewhere.

• claudevdrystclaudevdryst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely got my vote.

I have a "live" drive, mirror drive and if that's not enough, I have backed up my downloads on tape.

I have had a corrupted drive before and have lost music before.

• relaxitsindigorelaxitsindigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i spent like 300 bucks last year downloading tracks and i needed to re-download a few tracks. guess what, NOPE.

I literally just came back for the first time in a year to download a old track that beatport has on their site. Payment fails twice, but im charged in my paypal account, and i still can't download the song. I REMEMBER WHY I QUIT USING BEATPORT.

• esoterikismesoterikism commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just came back to check if you guys had implemented this yet. You have a unique collection of tracks but until this is fixed...

• aarosteveaarosteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could've sworn this was an option before - when I got a new PC I was able to download my tracks again. So why is it not possible anymore? :/ Absurd policy in any case and ensures I will never purchase anything from Beatport again, and will warn my friends not to either. Good job.

• SpunkyJBSpunkyJB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree--- especialy since i just lost all my music. I've spent loads of money on tracks from this site and NOW I can't re download them. I find that to be complete BS given the fact that i've already purchased them. Itunes let's you redownload but not this site. Obviously you dont want to keep your customers. I for one will not ever use this site again due to this.

• OnlyLowsOnlyLows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I purchased a song on my Android phone. Then I entered on my pc to download it, but the song dissapeared. Now I can't find nor download that song anymore. I need to re-buy it. Really Beatport ? What type of bussines is this ? Is like buying something and immediatly someone else steals what you just bought. Shame on you!

• xlxoctanexlxoctane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

strange happens i redownload my music on beatport 2years ago np @ all

dunno of it works today ?

• Dadunn1700Dadunn1700 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is why i won't use Beatport. I own afew tracks on Beatport...usually remixes i can't find anywhere else. Not a insane amount. At any rate i'm happy to say i haven't had a catastrophe but the thought of having one (that WILL eventually happen) is what keeps me from further using Beatport. I don't want to base my entire music collection around a online service that would force me to re-buy thousands of tracks i already own. If it wan't for this Beatport would be my primary outlet for buying music. But as it is i just go w/o unless i REALLY want a remix on Beatport...otherwise i'm forced to use iTunes.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base