How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

**Allow Re-download of Purchased Tracks**

Anyone can loose their data (music in this case;) someday and as such it would be very welcome if we could re-download the tracks we have already purchased at any time (even itunes allows this!)

1,292 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
nonnus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

106 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chaotic_Anomaly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that it's not possible to re-download the tracks that I bought with my own money! Is this a joke?

I'm honestly never buying any tracks from beatport again until this gets solved.

• djquickal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can’t believe this thread is four years old and this has NOT been resolved! I guess we are all just wasting our time here trying to get through to deaf ears!
    I guess if this doesn’t get fixed soon, we should seek legal counsel for what I believe is an illegal practice.
    Will let you guys know what I find out!

Beatport Rich, how many votes do you need to get this resolved ASAP?
    I have been buying tracks from beatport since the beginning and I know I have hundreds of tracks that I have lost or damaged from hard drive corruption or whatever and haven’t bothered to email support because it is such a hassle!
    Let’s change your reduculous policy and get your people on this fix ASAP please!
    Your Beatport community as well as myself will truly respect you going forward. If I could use all my votes on this issue, I certainly would!
    Let’s do the right thing!
    Thanks for reading this and resolving this matter.
    AM

Absolutely! I have been wondering about this for years! Maybe the owners are communist, I don’t know...

• KaRMiG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after My backup drive was damaged. i tried to re-download some tracks I've purchased and I just found out that you can't download them again. I feel like i was Throwing money to the air. I purchased the tracks and now what? to buy them again?? NO WAY!!
    DAMNED THIEVES!!

• Jimmybandal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is this crap! I can seem to find a way to re download my tracks also. So pissed with Beatport!!

• tytiger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't this been implemented yet? this is a total violation of consumer rights.

• AbyssRecordings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's disgraceful that you've allowed this to go unchecked for so long.

This forum only serves to ask more questions, such as; why would you request feedback if you're not going to listen to it?

• EdgarWraith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iTunes allows my music to move with me FOREVER. Same with amazon prime purchases. If i purchase songs from you i don't expect to repurchase them...

• soyjimbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What!? I got a new computer and want to get my songs that i payed for!!? I even have some songs here. What is going on?

• zandebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will be submitting a formal complaint over this issue. I too have lost my music collection. How is preventing me from re-downloading my tracks helping anyone? If I were to try and pirate them someone else would need access to my account anyway...
    0/10. I've been utterly unimpressed with BeatPort so far. Awful glitchy, laggy website along with terrible customer service.
    Every other download site lets you re-download purchased tracks. Totally unfair. Will never use BeatPort again from this day. Spending my money elsewhere.

• Goldburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bad business practice - I want to re-download the songs I have paid for.
    I won't be purchasing anything else from Beatport

• Schuwi4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is preventing the re-download of purchases even helping anybody? The only group of people this affects that I can think of is people that lost their downloaded songs and thus want to re-download their legitimately purchased songs. If somebody wants to pirate songs, blocking re-downloads won't hinder them. It only strongly negatively affects people with a legitimate interest in re-downloading their songs.
    P.S.: I just did a little bit of research and found an AMA on Reddit from 2014(!) - same year as this idea was created - where apparently the CEO of Beatport said that they will "try to get this redownloading issue in the rearview for all of us" and yet this still seems to be an issue three years later.
    P.P.S: Also this idea has the second-most votes on the page right now and thus at least an explanation as to why it is not possible would be in order.

• Dj_GMax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've lost all my purchases (1000+!!!!!) due a hd failure and I can't re-downloaded!!!! Never buying from beatport again until this is fixed.

• niroshdcosta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ohh man just relocated to USA in a hurry and had to sell my PC fast. Just found out beatport is this low ?? time to move on to a different site to buy music. it's 2017 people , were not living in a shell anymore to tolerate this kind of bull.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base