How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

**Hide Re-Releases**

Beatport can check it and to do it separated, the people don't know when a tracks is new or not because nowadays all the tracks are together

I think that´s important to make possible a right follow up of artists and don´t disturb with old stuffs

The old tracks re-released can be in other tab in the same artist page like VA, compilations, etc

It´s no problem of the artists, because each label sign new license contract with other labels and the artist can not to control it

519 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
miguelbast shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • djsleat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nope, as per today I've never seen this feature on Beatport Pro on windows.

• bassydolem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's there already in the windows/mac app!

I think you should be able to buy all releases if you want it to. You might want to support one label more than the other. Sometimes the artwork if different. Most importantly label master tracks differently so quality could still differ amongst seemingly same tracks.

• masterjo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it really coming? Or are you still keen on making more money from us by not really caring about the product and making those extra bucks with re-releases we (according to another item in this uservoice channel) shouldn't even be able to purchase?

• leonyuhanov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree! I have been stung in the past by re-release. BP charges double the price of the original release.

• DJMitchRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love it if there was one master file for a track, regardless if it was from the original single/EP or one a multitude of compilations/mixes. I really, REALLY hate hearing a song I like and having to do a double check to find it was released a year ago, yet the "current" version from a compilation is priced at $2.49.

Being able to click on something to "show other versions/duplicates" would be nice.

• avadhuta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Synth with Beatport" requires all releases, otherwise you will not find proper metadata or artwork for your particular track. Please don't drop this functions. But option to hide/unhide re-releases will be appreciated.

• bassydolem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My current practical solution to this is to query from/to publishdate and sort by title. De duplication of songs is then done by skipping songs in the list with the same title/duration.

• touz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ProtonLLC: example: Kaiserdisco - Jaana 2015-08-10 is a re-release that isn't shaded.

Thanks !

• ProtonLLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Touz - It's instant. If a track has been previously released, then it will appear greyed out on Crates. What track did you find that wasn't correctly shaded? If you can link to the re-release and the original release then we can investigate further!

• touz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you ProtonLLC ! I'm now sold to your 3rd party app because of this feature :D

How long does it takes for a track to be considered a re-release ? A few days ? A few weeks ?

Also how accurate is it ? I saw a re-released track that wasn't shaded.

Thanks again :)

• ProtonLLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is now live & ready for testing on Crates. Filter out re-released tracks on Beatport, including your MyBeatport feed. http://crates.co

(Crates is is an electronic music browser built by DJs, for DJs powered by the Beatport API)

• r_r commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They absolutely dominate the new releases sections. Do you know how hard it is to actually find EPs amongst them? How about some quality control because this enormous amount of terrible generic compilations is disgusting. There needs to be a way to filter them out or just stop releasing so many!

• Junkies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happy to see Beatport is finally doing something about this. Its a must and should have been done years ago.

• ferbr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please please... I'm bored of label re-releasing old tunes contantly...

• GilesDavis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS WILL BE A GAME CHANGER.

I have never been to the feedback section, dropped in now to request this in particular. So so happy that this is being developed.

• DjR_oss82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Often I have to catch a track and then search it to see if its a re release and available for $1.49 instead of 2.49

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base