How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

**Additional Sorting Including Release Date, BPM, Key, Artist, Label**

Track listings should include release date and allow sorting by it (thought maybe they're already sorted that way? Impossible to tell...)

It's nice that I can filter by release date, but I'd really like to see the release dates at a glance.

238 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
MetalFoxMetalFox shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. There are quite a few suggestions tied up in this thread…some of which have already been addressed already and some of which are being worked on. Our end goal is to have sorting happen on every column that is displayed on any track or release listing. Including cart and holdbin. We’ve put in a ton of sorting already, BPM, Key, Release Date and have just a little more to go. This thread will be closed once all of that sorting has reached our cart and holdbin functionality as well. Thanks again for the feedback.

27 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • maherjmaherj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beatport had some of these features and just decided to remove them. Starting to behave like iTunes...

• muzikdva99muzikdva99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to click on the heading column in the HOLD BIN or CART to sort alphabetically by track name or artist. When trying to find something specific to see if its there you have to look through all the selections which could take some time

• nullstruktnullstrukt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see the new feature for multiple carts also apply to the Hold Bin. At the very least, some sort of custom tagging system would be fantastic (for example, if a track is in a custom cart and then it is added to the Hold Bin, it retains a tag with the same name as the custom cart(s) it came from). This would be a HUGE help in looking through tracks in preparation for a gig as I mix many genres and get tired of having to sort through a few hundred tracks in the Hold Bin just to find the ones that fit the theme or style of the show. :)

• newmethodnewmethod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The additional sorting in the cart is not correct as if i delete something from the cart or move it to the hold bin the other tracks should maintain their position but moving one track causes the list in part to reorder itself and this is incorrect.
    Also the player is not playing the tracks in the order shown on the page (which i believe it should) and the fact it doesn't makes sorting and purchasing more difficult and is just another annoyance on pro.beatport.

Also

• mperlman1234mperlman1234 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I wanted to know if you could put a feature in so that i can sort the top 100 songs by date. Otherwise I have to scroll through all the top 100 to find the new songs released each week.

Hoping sorting (especially by track title) will make it to the hold bin soon... it's already in the cart so well done for that!

• JohnnyfJohnnyf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By adding options to organise your hold bin into Genres and playlists as I becomes too confusing when there are 100's of tracks stored in the hold bin.

• DanCarrDanCarr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great, to be able to filter Techno and Tech House as they are similar instead of having to listen through all the techno tracks and then Tech House or all genre’s in one go. or house and tech house etc etc. please add this :)

If the checkboxes on the drop downs 'Genre' 'Artist' 'Labels' are supposed to work as filters it would be MUCH more efficient if i could select multiple checkboxes rather than only being allowed to select one in each category. It's crazy to select eg "last 7 or 30 days" and not be allowed to select multiple genres (effectively removing those i don't want eg DJ Tools) but instead to I need to select one genre listen to those and then select other genres for example. Allow us to make multiple choices in each category and then if i have to hit a start/search button at the end when i am happy that is way better than having to make multiple sweeps.

• VanSankOfficialVanSankOfficial commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YOU NEED TO DO THIS. THE PROGRAMMING IS SO SIMPLE.

When you go to a Genre Top 100 customers should be able to sort by every field listed. SPECIFICALLY Release date.

In addition, when I am in my hold bin and shopping cart I should be allowed to sort by artist, song name, etc.

I'm not going to go through and double check through 100 tracks to make sure I don't have the same one twice.

You need sorting options. The more the better.

• costascostas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make sure the filter criteria can be used in the hold bin!

• DJShireDJShire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another +1 for this. I listened to music by week, and so I would sort releases by date. I can't do that on the new site. Until this is implemented, I'll be using Classic BP.

• matthias125matthias125 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add in another vote for being able to sort any cart or by the different designation of genre, key, bpm release date.

• bunkeybunkey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the BPM column in search results - having it only show in the "INFO" tab is annoying when you're scrolling through.

• AlexCasteAlexCaste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow filtering by any of the user facing metadata fields you associate with the track.

• weirdgibbonweirdgibbon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand this either. have been chatting (long ago) with a Beatport agent about this and I was told that they would of course take care of this "basic" feature.
    Now after the big relaunch there is no additional search/filter possibility :-(

prices going up, service going down....

• kungfuboybenkungfuboyben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ahhh just realized this is only in 1024px or smaller (as my screen is vertical so only 1024 wide!!!!) still not awesome.

• alowflyingpigalowflyingpig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to sort both your cart and hold bin by -- Artist or label or genre etc etc.. All the headings should be sortable

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base