How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

**Updates to Genres on Beatport**

It would be nice to get all the top 40 pop tracks out of the progressive house genre.

4,344 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
depaul4evadepaul4eva shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
sefinkokubiksefinkokubik shared a merged idea: your genre classifying is awful. For example your "electronica" genre, where are trap songs, glitch hop tunes and more. Improve it.  ·   · 
WilxxWilxx shared a merged idea: DJ Tools genere needs overhaul  ·   · 
trevstrevs shared a merged idea: Make sure genres are in the right category  ·   · 
sheeflentzkisheeflentzki shared a merged idea: Add a genre for industrial styles  ·   · 
GeekInPinkGeekInPink shared a merged idea: Genre  ·   · 
sibbholdsibbhold shared a merged idea: Feature Request - Genre Voting System  ·   · 
codyturkcodyturk shared a merged idea: Overreacted on genre section but still incorporate genres back into your homepage  ·   · 
RAZEDATRAZEDAT shared a merged idea: Exact Genre Distribution/Filtering  ·   · 
danielsommadanielsomma shared a merged idea: Separate Hard Techno and Hardcore genres  ·   · 
matt95amgmatt95amg shared a merged idea: Beatport should categorize the songs from the dubstep genre more carefully.  ·   · 
sibbholdsibbhold shared a merged idea: More accurate genres. (Genre vote system?)  ·   · 
ekman77ekman77 shared a merged idea: Add  ·   · 
elicarlos10elicarlos10 shared a merged idea: Gender separation effective  ·   · 
SkrollerSkroller shared a merged idea: Add "psybreaks" as a subgenre of both breaks and psytrance.  ·   · 
krisljungbergkrisljungberg shared a merged idea: Club House genre  ·   · 
Stacy BurketStacy Burket shared a merged idea: Better genre categorization  ·   · 
EightForty ProEightForty Pro shared a merged idea: Needs to set up a Moombahton genre  ·   · 

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • fcgierfcgier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure why you felt the need to *eliminate* genres. While one could argue that ELECTRO HOUSE got absorbed by the new categories, obviously there is disagreement. However, getting red of CHILL OUT is unjustifiable, as there is nothing else at all comparable and it is a functional as well as stylistic subgenre.

I also am bewildered by the continued absence of TRAP HOUSE. I am not a big fan, but it is such a significant and distinctive genre that overlooking it at this time is a truly confusing move, and leaving it mixed into another genre just frustrating.

• YeaMAYNEYeaMAYNE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beatport please reclassify electro house as electro house. its not big room and if i have to search through an even larger amount of tracks because now my electro is mixed in with a genre i hate "bigroom". this may surprise you because you seem to think its the same thing its not. it was quite tiring to search through all the cheesy crap electro house to find tracks. now that pool of crappy tracks is even larger. it might seem simple to you guys but for me its made searching for electro tracks a lot more tiresome and ill probs just end up using itunes

• argumentargument commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Electro House IS NOT a sub-genre of Big Room. It's the other way around! Further, consolidating all Electro House into the Big Room category *completely* defeats the entire purpose of creating the new genre to start with. Plus, in the article you posted, you guys talk about "future proofing." Yeah, genres are always in why re-label TONS of Electro House that was created before Big Room was even a "thing"? When we said we wanted updates to genres, this is definitely not what we meant :( Fail. Epic fail.

• stepgibstepgib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The biggest problem here is the incorrect allocation of tracks to genres. You can create enough genres to please everyone, but if Beatport staff consistently fail to file these tracks correctly, then the Beatport experience will continue to be a chore. How many great songs have users missed and sales that Beatport have lost because the user did not check the hip hop section to find that electro house tune he was waiting for?

• jefftovarjefftovar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A 'dance' genre? Rather generic. Seems like whoever is handling the categorization has never listened to electronic music before.

• EquinoxEquinox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like the progressive house genre has becoming the dumping ground for all producers lately hoping to cash in on their release. How many of you would agree that it seems that every 2nd to 3rd track you listen to in the Progressive "Latest Releases" results in an "What the f**k is this sh!te doing in the proggy releases section"!!!???

• LinkerLinker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whoa! It's been only two years and you already started on this! What a rush! Hey, no hustle guys, you can't earn all the loyalty in the world.
    [junodownload likes this]

• viddyviddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmmm, BeatportRich removed his comment, "It has begun…" Does this mean they aren't updating the genres? Tease!

• haizercinemahaizercinema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beatport absolutely needs "Deep Techno" genre. And please separate POP from Progressive House and from Deep House.

• ModablackModablack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beatport needs: Ambient, Chillout Dreams, Downtempo Lounge, Jungle,
    Liquid Dnb, Psychill, Space Dreams, Trap,

• AderdunnAderdunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a big room chart and remove all the big room tracks from House /Prog House sections! Ummet Ozcan ,Dimitri Vegas etc are not prog house artists lol!

• mtRoommtRoom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been 14 months and still nothing done? Come on guys. At least a comment about the status would be nice.

What's the point in this feedback forum if even the 'planned' features don't get done.

• elinjosantoselinjosantos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to electro house genre which used to be "electro house" before and now is almost only big room? Beatport, you should be the expert in the music genres, I'm seriously thinking about changing platform, it's just confusing to find the tracks that used to be in electro house mostly in indie dance / nu disco now.

• facetosserfacetosser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

COMPLETELY agree.. genres like progressive house & electro have been perverted by cheesy big room house and the like for far too long now. The big room, & trap especially need their own space.

None of this matters tho if you guys cant keep the right sounds in the right labels

• DJ5turdyDJ5turdy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about a Garage section? I swear you used to have one. Over to Juno for meeeeeee

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43

Feedback and Knowledge Base