How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

***Cheaper Pricing & Include VAT***

iTunes, Amazon etc offer there music cheaper than Beatport.

It might be an idea to reduce the price of songs and include VAT/Taxes in the prices shown.

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jonathanjeffreycoxjonathanjeffreycox shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aziok22Aziok22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a casual (not a DJ) I might not be your demographic, but 1.00 for a track is my price point. So I usually have to wait for sales to purchase from Beatport. I spend a good amount of money purchasing tracks. And I would love to spend it here and get 320 mp3 over Amazon and Google (Google doesn't deserve your money). I would purchase all of my music here if I could get tracks for .99 like at Amazon and sometimes Google.

• jwpozojjwpozoj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Low your Tax/VAT and wav options. You became the most expensive provider of music.

• gbrdhvndigbrdhvndi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Track and album prices are listed for MP3 version and do not include tax which can be very confusing at times: £1.12 quickly turns into £2.24 (doubles!!) as soon as you add it into your cart and choose AIFF option.

Would be very convenient to have a config setting (either stored on the user profile or just a quick per-session switch) to display prices with/without tax (for those who need it) and for a given audio file format.

This will really help staying on a budget when shopping for new music.

Thank you!

• AcidaCorporationAcidaCorporation commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beatport charges VAT but there is no place to put your vat number and discharge the cost from your bills as all professionals do with their purchases.
    Only solution is to put your vat number in the address to have a legally valid invoice from Beatport.

• LejuraiLejurai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Title is self explatorinary. It's annoying to find a bargain just to notice that vat is added at the basket.

• THEMINIsTER86THEMINIsTER86 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Think its cause that the servers are based in the US, and in america (for some bat sh1t reason) VAT is added on when you get to the checkout. this goes for anywhere inside the states.

• gizzmo123456gizzmo123456 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its confusing when cart subtotal is £10.46 and grand Total is £12.03 with no indication where the extra £1.57 came from or is this a bug?

Feedback and Knowledge Base