Beatport Music Store

Please review the existing posts for features and bugs before creating a new forum post.  Votes are the best way to bring attention to feature requests and bugs.  For problems with your account specifically, please reach out to our Customer Care team at support@beatport.com.  You may also explore FAQs here:  https://support.beatport.com/hc/en-us.

Thank you for your feedback!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. **Updates to Genres on Beatport**

It would be nice to get all the top 40 pop tracks out of the progressive house genre.

4,365 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Completed  ·  852 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Label, Release Dates, BPM, Key, Remixer Missing from Track Grid Views

I want to see on which label the tracks are released and on which date!

Like this:
    Cover, Artist name, Track name, Remix name, Record Label, Date

223 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  BeatportRich responded

Track grids have been updated to reflect what is in Beatport.com today. This includes adding labels, remixers, and release dates. I will be opening a separate issue for votes to have BPM and Key added.

3. Multiple Carts

Allow the user to create unique hold bins and add tracks to them based on what they are searching for.

For example, if I am making a trance mix, allow the user to create a custom hold bin labeled "New Trance Mix:" Then, as I'm going through various tracks, when I click on the "add to hold bin," it will give me the option to add to one of my custom bins.

120 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Now available on Beatport Pro for Web and still in Beatport Pro for Mac.

4. Previous Purchase Notification

I get a warning when it's the exact same release, but not if it's on a separate label / release - Experiencing similar behavior in Recommended Based on your Cart / Previous Order - System should suppress by Artist + Track title (of previous purchases), and remove from recommendations: I already own it

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Anonymous responded

You should be notified now of your prior purchases. Thanks for the heads up.

5. 91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add BPM, Genre, Key, Release Date to Player

bring back information in player like BPM, Tone, genre, etc

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback here. If you use the keyboard shortcut “i” you can see all of this info. at a glance.

7. Search and Filter by Key

We've been asking forever! When will we be able to search by key?

Also, when listing by "Tracks" would love a column that lists the key of the track to make that a sortable item for track listings.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. **Displaying BPM & Key in Player**

I'm frustrated here and I can speak for a lot of professional DJ's when I say we have taken a major step backwards in the sense of functionality with this new Pro site.

When I am browsing songs, I need a quick, immediate browsing solution. I need the ability to browse and assess thousands of songs in several hours. With the old site this was possible. I need immediate HUD information regarding key, bpm, and length of song. I need arrows for browsing hot keys. I don't have time to press "i" twice for each song, and use the mouse.

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Highlight Currently Playing Track

what happened to the shortcuts that actually worked???? no highlights on the track that you are playing or no label sign next to track which made it easier to go through tracks you actually wanted to...... i am completly put off by pro i hate it, bring back the old version anyday, i have been a member nearly 10years & thinking about looking for another mp3 site to use.......... it should not be 'how cool' it looks it should be about practicality

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Count of Results Displayed for Tracks/Release Browsing Pages

I liked being able to choose whether I had 50, 100, or 150 tracks per page. Please bring this function back. That way, I could press "play all" and scan through a heap of tracks really easily

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Track Grid Keyboard Shortcuts

Starting to play the next track by pressing the right arrow key is not working anymore, it was so usefull to navigate this way and without the mouse.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re underway in bringing this functionality over to Pro.

Thanks for the feedback and we hope to have it to you shortly.

12. Shopping Cart Recommendations

I always liked the Shopping cart recommendations since occasionally I'll find something I like in it, kind of like like grabbing candy bar at the cash register before checkout.

Also comment if you ever find anything good or actually use it too.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. Its possible that you don’t have recommendations for the tracks that you have in your cart. We do have recommendations in the cart.

13. Always Show Play Buttons on Desktop

Having to click twice to play, queue, or remove a track is incredibly clunky, especially when there is ROOM to show the buttons all the time RIGHT THERE.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option Click Opens In New Tab

When I command + click or Ctrl + click each album in the "Featured Releases" slideshow, I expect them to each open in a new tab. That way I can go through them one by one. Instead, they all open in the current window.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. **Site Doesn't Remember Me**

The "Remember me" checkbox when logging in doesn't work in Safari 8.0.3 under OSX 10.10.2. Everytime I open up the site I have to login again.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now resolved with some minor changes. Let us know if you see it still.

16. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Play/Queue Release Not on Artwork in Track Pages

Pro is missing one of my most heavily used navigation features from the old storefront. When I peruse my new tracks in beatport, I would hover over the cover art for the release and be given a play/queue button that would allow me to listen to the entire release without having to click and navigate into the release first.

Given how horribly slow Pro is compared to the old storefront, this makes shopping on the Pro site even more painful

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Clicking a track's release artwork opens the release track is from

With the previous Beatport, if you click the artwork for the release/album it took you to the release, and if you clicked the track name it took you to the individual track information.

Now if you click either the release picture or the track, it takes you to the track information, then again have to click the release in order to open it up. It is an extra click that is unnecessary and I don't imagine many people often open the page for the individual track anyway. Having both the release and track title both take you to the track…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Player - Play next track in release doesn't work with hot keys

Player - Lets say I am looking at new release. One is an EP with 4 tracks. When I click play, you play me the first track. In old beatport, I could just click ffwd button on the player to skip top track 2. and so on. Now, that doesnt work. I have to click through to the actual EP and then play the tracks individually. This is annoying.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The play queue doesn't play continuously.

The play queue doesn't play continuously when I am browsing other tabs in my browser. To get the next track in the queue to play, I have to switch back to Beatport, wait for it to start, then switch back to whatever I was doing. This was reported as fixed but it's not.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Beatport Music Store

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base