Beatport Music Store

PLEASE REVIEW THE EXISTING REQUESTS FOR FEATURES AND BUGS BEFORE CREATING A FORUM POST. VOTES ARE THE BEST WAY TO GET FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUGS ATTENTION.

How can we improve Beatport Music Store?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ***Higher Bitrate Previews***

The quality (mostly the high frequencies of the previews) are too low.

Most users probably have a big list of songs to go through every few weeks/months. So previewing goes fast. For me, if a song sucks, in a few seconds I'm skipping to the next song. Lately it happens that I buy songs that I had initially skipped but because of hearing it a dj mix set or on youtube with much better quality dynamics, I go back and add it to the crate.

This probably has negative impact on sales, since relatively new and unknown songs don't give…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. **Add a Download All Button**

it is really annoying to purchase tracks in bulk and then have to manually click each single one to download.

i can complain about many items with your site, but this one frustrates me the most.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. **Recommendations Does NOT Include Previous Purchases**

Hi , The 'recommended tracks' section should not recommend tracks you have purchased already. Its easy to add this feature I'm sure?
    thanks for listening!

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. **Additional Sorting Including Release Date, BPM, Key, Artist, Label**

Track listings should include release date and allow sorting by it (thought maybe they're already sorted that way? Impossible to tell...)

It's nice that I can filter by release date, but I'd really like to see the release dates at a glance.

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. There are quite a few suggestions tied up in this thread…some of which have already been addressed already and some of which are being worked on. Our end goal is to have sorting happen on every column that is displayed on any track or release listing. Including cart and holdbin. We’ve put in a ton of sorting already, BPM, Key, Release Date and have just a little more to go. This thread will be closed once all of that sorting has reached our cart and holdbin functionality as well. Thanks again for the feedback.

5. **Hide Re-Releases**

Beatport can check it and to do it separated, the people don't know when a tracks is new or not because nowadays all the tracks are together

I think that´s important to make possible a right follow up of artists and don´t disturb with old stuffs

The old tracks re-released can be in other tab in the same artist page like VA, compilations, etc

It´s no problem of the artists, because each label sign new license contract with other labels and the artist can not to control it

514 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  62 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. **Offer FLAC format in addition to (or instead of) WAV**

FLAC files are the same quality as WAV, but are much smaller and can include tags and album art.

708 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    105 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everybody. Today we introduced AIFF as a new lossless format that you can select during purchase. We’re hoping that this will address some of the functionality you’ve been asking for (metadata and album art in a lossless file). This forum will stay open so people can continue to vote for FLAC support and we would love to hear about your experiences using our AIFF downloads. For more information on why we started with AIFF, see this post: http://news.beatport.com/blog/2011/09/09/introducing-aiff-format/.

7. **Allow Re-download of Purchased Tracks**

Anyone can loose their data (music in this case;) someday and as such it would be very welcome if we could re-download the tracks we have already purchased at any time (even itunes allows this!)

1,018 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    73 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ***Cheaper Pricing & Include VAT***

iTunes, Amazon etc offer there music cheaper than Beatport.

It might be an idea to reduce the price of songs and include VAT/Taxes in the prices shown.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. *** Allow Downloads to Mobile Devices ***

I would like to down load tracks to my phone direct in stead of downloading to a pc then transferring

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. **Download Multiple Tracks/Albums in .ZIP**

If I purchase an entire album, I should be able to download it in one hit - e.g. in a zip file or similar. I just purchased an album and had to download each track one by one, right-clicking and saving from the player for each one. Painful and unnecessary!

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  8 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. *** Offer Unlimited Downloads Subscription Plan ***

common guys, its 2016

this will blow piracy out of the water

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. **Download to Google Drive/Dropbox/Box**

I think allowing purchased music to be downloaded/transferred to a cloud service like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc would benefit customers greatly, especially those who would shop on the move. Would also improve bandwidth usage. I usually only buy music when i'm home on my PC because i then need to download it and put it in my music library or somewhere else. If you could put your purchases straight into Dropbox I would definitely do more shopping whilst on mobile, etc.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. *** Notify User Moving Items from Hold Bin to Cart for Previous Purchases***

If I put a track in the hold bin and then end up buying the track at another time. If I have forgotten that I already purchased the track and add it back into my Main Bin, there is no validation that I do not already own the track like there is when you first add a track into the main cart. You should add the same purchase verification from things coming out of the hold bin into your shopping cart to warn you that you do not already own it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ** Settings for Picking Download File Names **

PS: Let the user choose the "Filename" he/she wants for a downloaded track. Let them choose.

Artists - Trackname or
    Artists - Trackname - Year or
    Artists - Album - Trackname - Year

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ** Selectable Section of Previews for Tracks**

I can't BELIEVE Beatport still hasn't implemented "needle drop" previews. Half the previews I listen to in the trance and progressive categories don't even make it out of the breakdown. A needle drop is the ONLY way to make sure the track you want is the right mix. I asked for this a couple of years ago but received push back that there were licensing issues. Well, Beatport is the KING now. You can do what you want. If record companies don't want to put entire tracks up with needle drop previews, tough, they have nowhere else to sell their…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. **Printer Friendly Receipts**

at the moment you need a lot of cartridge to print receipts, black background and a lot of advertising on the receipt. makes no sense on a receipt. think of that some people need that for tax office and so on. so a professional receipt would be great. to have the receipts in your account settings to look up former receipts would be great. thanks for that :)

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. **Add BPM to Track Grids**

Please vote for this if you'd like to see track grids to include BPM.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Linux Beatport Pro Version

I can't be the only one using Linux. If Mac receives one why not Linux?

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Beatport Pro for iOS

Would be nice to see a Beatport Pro app for iOS (iPhone and iPad). Would appreciate to see features of the desktop application implemented, such as previewing and adding tracks to carts.
    Maybe not downloading on iOS, but adding for further download via the desktop version or the website

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. **Gift Vouchers/Cards**

2015...how come you don't have these?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Beatport Music Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base