Beatport Music Store

Please review the existing posts for features and bugs before creating a new forum post.  Votes are the best way to bring attention to feature requests and bugs.  For problems with your account specifically, please reach out to our Customer Care team at support@beatport.com.  You may also explore FAQs here:  https://support.beatport.com/hc/en-us.

Thank you for your feedback!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. **Offer FLAC format in addition to (or instead of) WAV**

FLAC files are the same quality as WAV, but are much smaller and can include tags and album art.

778 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Beatport, LLC
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    112 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everybody. Today we introduced AIFF as a new lossless format that you can select during purchase. We’re hoping that this will address some of the functionality you’ve been asking for (metadata and album art in a lossless file). This forum will stay open so people can continue to vote for FLAC support and we would love to hear about your experiences using our AIFF downloads. For more information on why we started with AIFF, see this post: http://news.beatport.com/blog/2011/09/09/introducing-aiff-format/.

2. **Hide Re-Releases**

Beatport can check it and to do it separated, the people don't know when a tracks is new or not because nowadays all the tracks are together

I think that´s important to make possible a right follow up of artists and don´t disturb with old stuffs

The old tracks re-released can be in other tab in the same artist page like VA, compilations, etc

It´s no problem of the artists, because each label sign new license contract with other labels and the artist can not to control it

565 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  66 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. **Download Multiple Tracks/Albums in .ZIP**

If I purchase an entire album, I should be able to download it in one hit - e.g. in a zip file or similar. I just purchased an album and had to download each track one by one, right-clicking and saving from the player for each one. Painful and unnecessary!

194 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. **Recommendations Does NOT Include Previous Purchases**

Hi , The 'recommended tracks' section should not recommend tracks you have purchased already. Its easy to add this feature I'm sure?
    thanks for listening!

125 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. **Adjust Download Track Titles in Account Settings**

When I download a track from Beatport the track will read "registernnumbersongtitleremix"
    Can this be changed to:
    "Artist - Title (remix)" ?
    This would make things so much easier and less time consuming. I have to rename every single track and look for details to make it complete. A headache.

90 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. **Allow Follow of Label / Artist from player**

Same as you could on the old site. Now it is inconvenient to have to navigate the page of artist or label to follow them.

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. **Previous Purchases Display Upgrade to WAV/AIFF Formats**

I am slowly going through and upgrading my previous mp3 purchases to AIF. I'm not doing it in any specific order sometimes I only want to upgrade a couple of specific tracks. If the previously downloaded list was searchable it would make everyone who is trying to this much easier. Instead of having to go through endless pages we would be able to search our lists and upgrade the tracks we wanted with a minimum of fuss.

31 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. **Add Remixers, Labels, BPM, Key to Cart & Hold Bin Grids**

Once in your shopping cart, the remixer no longer shows up, nor does the label, along with BPM, key, and other attributes. These things are very helpful / important to see in the shopping cart - you want to know you're not buying 10 songs on the same label accidentally, or by the same remixer. Only after checking out yesterday and using BP Downloader did I realize that I'd purchased 3 songs remixed by the same artist, unknowingly, because my cart didn't specify remixers.

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Music playback slow in Chrome

Since the music player was updated a few weeks ago, songs take significantly more time to load and play in Chrome. Playback in Firefox is fine, but painfully slow in Chrome. Tested this issue on multiple computers, cleaned out the cache, confirmed good connections with network speed tests, updated to latest version of Chrome, etc., but the poor performance remains the same in Chrome.

26 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Being Researched  ·  14 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve website speed, PLEASE.

I've just lost 50% discount because I couldn't reach last step before the payment, even reloading the page was useless. Shopping tracks on Beatport has become very disappointing. Also the track's preview is going slower day by day. Discovering new artists, labels or tracks became impossible. Site performances make me feel very sad, because Beatport has always been my best tool for track digging until today.

25 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Being Researched  ·  4 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. **Player/Queue Feature Feedback**

The new player on the pro site is almost unusable.

INCREASE THE SIZE (or at least make it scalable for different devices).
    - We used to be able to see a whole album release or more. Now we can't see more than 4.5 tracks at a time. if you have hundreds of tracks in your player to go through, trying to find a certain one is impossible.

FIX PLAY ORDER AFTER REMOVING A TRACK
    - When you remove a track from the player, the 'track cursor', returns to the top of the list, rather than the next track. If you…

23 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. **Store Play Queue and Played Content in Account**

Retaining of current play queues, against user accounts.

For example, If I have a queue of tunes loaded on my MacBook, I'd like to be able to log in – using my same account – on my iPhone and keep listening to the same list.

Currently, browser crashes, too, are painful, as the playlists are lost.

Is this functionality on the horizon?

21 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. *** Shazam & Beatport Integrated ***

Could you work together with Shazam to add shazamed songs to your cart? I often think shazam tracks to remember to buy them on beatport but I always forget. If there would be a button add to beatport cart I wouldn't forget...

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. *** Allow Downloads to Mobile Devices ***

I would like to down load tracks to my phone direct in stead of downloading to a pc then transferring

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. “New Arrivals This Week” with a “View email as a Web page “ link at the top of the page with

Hi

Please can you update your new mail out of “New Arrivals This Week” with a “View email as a Web page “ link at the top of the page with play links like your now retired version of the page.
    This would be great, thank you.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. **Facebook/Twitter/Google Social Login**

Add Facebook integrated login as the old version plzz

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. the Russian version for beatport

Guys, it would be great if you will add the russian language on beatport.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Store played tracks in user profile

Hi Beatport,

So this is really really bugging me!

I frequently use two computers, i have my laptop at work and i use my mac stationary at home. When i'm at work i'm quite often digging into labels i like but when work day is over i would like to continue at home. So i go back, open my beatport app on my computer but no! the Played track indicator is following my beatport app and not my Beatport account. Why is this information not stored in your user profile? Basically digging into lables is useless as soon you open…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. **Historical Look at Charting**

This very idea sprung to mind a while back. Moreover, I was pondering at the prospect of implementing a drop-down menu comprising of the month and its respective year - using the current Top 100 format - in order to revisit tracks which one may have listened to months - if not a few years back. Then again, I reckon that it'll be a terrific addition!

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fantastic idea. There are currently high priority features that need to be considered first but we will definitely consider this option in the future. Thank you for the feedback.

20. (Okt 2019) Add Windows Downloader like Beatport Pro

Please make a Version of Beatport Pro for Windows and Linux plattforms.

That we support only Mac ******** thing is stupid - This "my mac is better than Windows" ends, when you need to upgrade your MAC or want wo work on real Business Envirements/Applications in a Real World (out of Art and Music).

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Beatport Music Store

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base