Suggestions / Comments (please one item per post so we can manage your requests)

Album art in list view, bigger album artwork everywhere else

Many users are visually driven, not data driven. It helps to be able to see album art to recognize a track, rather than reading text. iTunes 10 has coverflow as a fast way to browse and recognize releases.

Also, the existing album art is *teeny tiny*. Make it bigger please.

66 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
radleymarx shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Open for Discussion & Votes  ·  BeatportRich responded  · 

Let’s get some more votes. We’ve tried to keep this very crate digging and grid based to allow for the most content on-screen.

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jabrome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is really important.. especially if you want people to move from itunes which is all visual.. would be probably the best marketing.. it's the only thing beatport pro is really missing

• o__ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a balance between cramming content and make it findable. There's going to be different use cases for each model, so probably having it as an optional column (with optional cover art size) in the list shouldn't be a problem.

In my experience — and it might be related that I started DJing using vinyl — using the association I make between a tune and its cover makes finding such tune in a large list much easer than if I have to scan through plain text. It's also helpful to establish such a connection when you just purchased the tune and are trying to memorise it because you'd always see it not only once you selected it.

• dashkick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree.
    If it's looks like store's cart, that's super easy to find music.

They already made the interface for store cart, so must be easy to make it same for the list view.

• LivingWaters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Album art in list view! I am really lost without it!! This is the way i memorize and recognize songs!!!!

• zxfr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also on Properties pane the artwork could be much bigger. Now there is no way to see an artwork in details/magnified.

• kvzlcky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please! it's way more inspiring and gratifying to see (and browse) my library by cover arts. and it's quicker to find tracks that i want (thanks to the organizational feat and cover art identification)

• danlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think the hight of the current rows its enough to show the fist pixels of the cover art image (to don't loose the space). that's usually enough to have a visual hint.

Feedback and Knowledge Base