Beatport

This forum is provide feature feedback, submit bugs, and provide insight into the new Beatport.

Please give us your feedback on the new Beatport.com

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. I miss the genres section

I like to explore new music within specific genres which works pretty good in the old Beatport and Beatport Pro.
    Definitely a feature that I miss!

Despite that, there is a lot of music missing but i guess its all still developing :)

303 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Streaming Apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows, ...

Steaming apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc. would be nice.

212 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Playlist Creation

At the current state of the service I can only heart artist, songs etc.. without the option to create one's own playlist with music.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Merge www.beatport.com & pro.beatport.com

Why are there 2 different places to listen to music?

It seems very clear to me that www.beatport.com has been created to create a streaming service for people to listen to music, competing with some of the other players like rdio, grooveshark, pandora, etc. while utilizing the great distributers that pro.beatport.com already uses.

This is a fantastic idea! I like it a lot!

BUT!

When a distributor submits music to be sold on pro.beatport.com they submit the Full song file and then from it a sample is created for the potential buyer to "preview" the music.

(speculation) It seems ridiculous…

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Where is "My Beatport" ??

In the new service, I'd like to be able to see all the artists and labels I've previously followed on Beatport. Is this option / section hidden somewhere I haven't found yet?

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not seeing an easy way to queue up another song while currently listening to a song.

I should be able to just click a plus button, or right click and select the option to queue up the next track I want to listen to.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It should partially preload the next song in the queue.

It should automatically preload the next song so you don't have to wait in between songs.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add to Cart/Add to Hold Bin Buttons

Instead of the "Buy on Beatport Pro" button, which opens a whole new tab, it would be cool if there were "Add to Cart" and "Add to Hold Bin" buttons for each track, then those were simply linked to your Pro account. That way if you find a track you like you can add it right away to purchase later instead of opening up another window.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I personally prefer full albums. Unfortunately search is only possible on artist and tracks.

Search for full albums would be appreciated in addition to search track or artists. Also album charts would be great. I personally do not search for best tracks subgenres, I want to learn to know new music and artists also from genres I did not listen to before. Therfore a "best seller album chart" per week, month, quarter, year would definetly kickbmy putches at beatport from 1 to 10 albums oer month..

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How about something like a surprise me button?

I think Beatport should have a button that when clicked, it will randomly play a song. This could introduce you to a new genre and expand your musical taste. I personally think that would be really cool thing to have as an option of music discovery.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Every song is downloadable as a .m4a song

Not sure if this was intended, but by inspecting network activity in your browser and start playing a song you get the request link to the song, and are free to download it. This could get abused.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Absolutely great, but...

there are not all Record Labels.
    It could be give a better search function. It's difficult to search the Artists. They have no profile photo

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It should have something like BeatBot

When I search a track and play it, it adds similar tracks to my playlist, but those tracks are usually a remix of the same song or other tracks from the same artists. So, I'd suggest to make playlists a little bit smarter by adding similar tracks but not from the same artists. Maybe you could use the same algorithm used in BeatBot and add the suggested tracks to my queue.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need a timeline

First off all would love to say great beta, it was everything I could have hoped for coming to mobile phone usage. I always used to use sound cloud on my phone but I'm sure this will overtake due to the wider range of decent music. Only thing that could top this off is if there were a timeline section, where I could see anynew music added by artists I liked! Also the ability to make playlists wouldn't go a miss!!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have Labels sorted with the option of Releases (Eps) and Tracks.

It would be great to be able to "add to queue" or play certain releases (Eps) from labels. For instance, if one wanted to listen to an old release (an EP) then one could look at the release history to find it, instead of loading all of the tracks from the specific label.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. FIX your SITE. It logs me out every time I go to a new page!

FIX your SITE. It logs me out every time I go to a new page!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. multilangage and others things

- Maybe a multilanguage option in the "news" part of the site
    - For music part, the possibility to create playlists
    - For music part again, i think know the style of music will be great (techno, tech house etc...)
    - When we arrive on the music part, we don't really know where we going, we don't really know what we can do execpt see what you put on the home page
    (excuse my bad english :)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Settings and Search Features

Genre-should return as a selectable 'item'.
    Search feature should include the ability to search by Genre, DJ, Track, Title, etc. etc.
    Interface: Confronted with 'stuff' I'm not interested in. Left to my own accord to try and find tracks, DJ's, etc. - I want to hear or listen to. The what's popular listing is great and should remain but up front you should provide (as you did in the past) the visitor with the ability to pick and choose straight away - or browse.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The re-designed site has many inconsistencies and is more tedious to use

When I look-up a song, it only displays the first match; other mixes I have to perform another search.

If I select a song to add to cart, it opens yet another window; then I have to sign in again, sometimes the cart takes time to refresh.

If I want to add feedback, I have to sign in yet again (uses old login form)

Really, I think the older site was much easier and simpler and I 'd prefer it over all of this. The design is not good and the above issues indicate a lack of integration, perhaps even…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Listing the same song several times over needs to be cleaned and sorted.

Having the same song listed several times over makes for a very unclean look.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Beatport

Feedback and Knowledge Base