How can we improve Beatport Pro, LLC?

Updates to Genres on Beatport

It would be nice to get all the top 40 pop tracks out of the progressive house genre.

4,479 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
depaul4evadepaul4eva shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
ekman77ekman77 shared a merged idea: Add  ·   · 
elicarlos10elicarlos10 shared a merged idea: Gender separation effective  ·   · 
SkrollerSkroller shared a merged idea: Add "psybreaks" as a subgenre of both breaks and psytrance.  ·   · 
kljungbergkljungberg shared a merged idea: Club House genre  ·   · 
Stacy BurketStacy Burket shared a merged idea: Better genre categorization  ·   · 
EightForty ProEightForty Pro shared a merged idea: Needs to set up a Moombahton genre  ·   · 

771 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dpsttmpstdpsttmpst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@BenLee - Yes, that is an excellent idea. Also, why not rename EDM to "electropop" instead? When the term is used, it only references electro-house, brostep, trap, glitch hop, etc...but not music such as Goa trance and progressive psytrance.

• BeeLeeBeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Separate EDM from Progressive House. The Deep House genre has way too much going on in there, needs more sub-genres

• kaiotekaiote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ok so i found sub genre filters but would like to see them in the "MY BEATPORT" section. And like I said before PSYTRAP would be a great sub genre

• kaiotekaiote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see psytrap as a genre or subgenre although I still havent been able to find the subgenre filters... Do sub genres even exist on beatport anymore???

• shapeshape commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

where are you finding electrostep & techstep? i haven't seen those. if i select a genre i don't see where the option is to view or search subgenres.

• ChronofiedChronofied commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Consistency of genres, and further development of sub-genres so that the tags are as consistent and useful as possible.

The ability to filter by sub-genre is available after you narrow by genre, but it would be nice to see a feature in which you can directly narrow your results by sub-genre immediately, especially as some tracks in some sub-genres have different parent genres.

Additional sub-genres thoughts: electrostep is listed twice, once with techstep and again as "electro step"; they should both probably be separate sub-genres. I haven't seen Trapstep listed yet, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

• margritmargrit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loan Angebot von 2,0000 CHF 500'000 CHF Finanzierung von Darlehen zwischen Privatpersonen ernst. Sie können Fragen von 3,0000 auf CHF 2,5 Mio. CHF. Kontaktieren Sie uns per Mail: margritjasmine@gmail.com

• Rick DynoRick Dyno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now all deep house tracks are in the tech house lists. Keep deep house out of there!!

• ryangiggsryangiggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The progressive house genre appears to have turned into cheese/teen/noise/rubbish genre. Shame it used to be my favourite. It is painful to wade through in search of an actual 'progressive' tune. Sort it out guys!!!!!!!!!!!

• shadowtranceshadowtrance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely echo removing commercial and grinding EDM from Progressive house. Prog is dark and moody. Agree about techno, there's room for a few sub genres there. Same with Breaks: could be trance-breaks, funky breaks, nu school, and whatever covers the grand majority of angry, grinding obnoxious big room style breaks that sounds like brostep with a faster beat. Basically take all the endless pitch shifting, white noise, massive drum roll big room commercial nonsense out of genres like breaks and prog house, and put them in their own sections. Maybe have a general Big Room / Commercial Genre with appropriate subgenres for House, Breaks, dubstep, etc. It should be really easy; all those tracks sound very similar. This would help the new and young crowd who's into those type of festival tracks find them, and would help those of us who want to find the deeper, moody tracks not have to search through 1000 tracks just to find 3-5.

• elicarlos10elicarlos10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one is the TRAP.

But I say, in the classification of own artists, sometimes get kind of counter to the versus genre

• GyorgyUdvardyGyorgyUdvardy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Separate EDM out from progressive house. I also suggest to have melodic techno or sometimes called neotrance as a new genre, sometimes I feel the label 'techno' is way too big and contains very wide variety style of musics.

• dpsttmpstdpsttmpst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ryboy101
    Beatport is quite busy putting the most bass-boosted music styles on their electro-house and brostep charts. They can't even provide FLAC files as a music format for download. They don't care anymore.

• ryboy101ryboy101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO THIS COMMENT WAS POSTED.

THREE. FUCKING. YEARS. AND IT'S STILL NOT FIXED.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE GUYS DOING???????????????????????

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39

Feedback and Knowledge Base