How can we improve Beatport Pro, LLC?

**Updates to Genres on Beatport**

It would be nice to get all the top 40 pop tracks out of the progressive house genre.

4,365 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
depaul4evadepaul4eva shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
trevstrevs shared a merged idea: Make sure genres are in the right category  ·   · 
sheeflentzkisheeflentzki shared a merged idea: Add a genre for industrial styles  ·   · 
GeekInPinkGeekInPink shared a merged idea: Genre  ·   · 
sibbholdsibbhold shared a merged idea: Feature Request - Genre Voting System  ·   · 
codyturkcodyturk shared a merged idea: Overreacted on genre section but still incorporate genres back into your homepage  ·   · 
RAZEDATRAZEDAT shared a merged idea: Exact Genre Distribution/Filtering  ·   · 
danielsommadanielsomma shared a merged idea: Separate Hard Techno and Hardcore genres  ·   · 
matt95amgmatt95amg shared a merged idea: Beatport should categorize the songs from the dubstep genre more carefully.  ·   · 
sibbholdsibbhold shared a merged idea: More accurate genres. (Genre vote system?)  ·   · 
ekman77ekman77 shared a merged idea: Add  ·   · 
elicarlos10elicarlos10 shared a merged idea: Gender separation effective  ·   · 
SkrollerSkroller shared a merged idea: Add "psybreaks" as a subgenre of both breaks and psytrance.  ·   · 
kljungbergkljungberg shared a merged idea: Club House genre  ·   · 
Stacy BurketStacy Burket shared a merged idea: Better genre categorization  ·   · 
EightForty ProEightForty Pro shared a merged idea: Needs to set up a Moombahton genre  ·   · 

823 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • mtRoommtRoom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it's almost a year now since this feature was marked as 'planned'.
    Jeez. There'll be 20 new styles of house invented by the time you guys get this feature integrated.

• DjJudasX8DjJudasX8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For real guys. Big Room House needs its own area, or just rename the Electro House tab to Big Room because really 100% of new Electro House tracks are just Big Room cheese.

Trap needs its own too. Trap isn't Hip-hop or Dubstep.

• trevstrevs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please organise genres in their respective category. Ex. Cheesy electro/commercial house was littered throughout the deep house section

• adamswafferadamswaffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a separate 'Melbourne Bounce' Genre so we can get Minimal back.
    Create a EDM section to clean up Progressive House & Electro House.
    Separate Hardcore/Hard Techno.
    Create a Trap Genre section.

• DJ DCDJ DC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well you have an electro subgenre under the breaks tab now but you still apparently have no clue what electro is. Who do you have working over there? Either get it right or no one is going to use Beatport.

• teknikalsinnerteknikalsinner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

electro house should be split into bassline house or fidgit and edm which are both mixed up in this genre i cant handle going through all this rubbish edm pop to find some real underground music ! dont have this problem in the techno and minimal sections ! also real electro has nothing to do with either of these for some reason i see this in electronica ummmmmmm !

• darthferndarthfern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please separate progressive house from big-room, you already have 2 charts, "Must Hear EDM" and "Must Hear Progressive", would be fantastic to just have them as different genres!

• darkmodedarkmode commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beatport really need to stop listing Electro as Electro House as Electro House is not Electro & does not sound like Electro

• mad_waxmad_wax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Proper Electro didn't spawn electro house. Electroclash and micro house had drunk sex one night.

• wernda2003wernda2003 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having been a Beatport customer for many years this has been a frustration for quite sometime. The audience for authentic Electro is different to the audience for Electro House and Breaks. Admittedly there are some people who like of course. But this thread has made me realise this is key reason why my spend with Beatport has decreased over the years (check my account Beatport). Online shopping is more than ever about convenience, not sifting through stuff we don't have an interest in. More than that though, true underground music lovers like to feel they are spending money with a company that also appreciates the identity people give to music and the affinity they feel with it. This is a great idea and long over due.

• spr7169spr7169 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is insane to have to listen to so many breaks tracks to gind electro. I feel like it is limiting the amount of electro artist thst are unknown to me and I feel like it is limiting the variety of music we hear. I keep hearing and purchasing music that I already know and have heard.

• DJ DCDJ DC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Electro is a root genre and one of the oldest forms of electronic music. Cybotron "Clear" and Afrika Bambaataa "Planet Rock" are classic electro tunes and obviously have no house elements correct? It spawned subgenres such as electro breaks, electro bass, electro techno and yes electro house. These styles are ALL completely different and should be treated as such.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42

Feedback and Knowledge Base