How can we improve Beatport Mixes?

VOTE HERE if you want to be able to use more than 25 tracks in a mix!

Beatport Moderator Pete wants a vote to see if there is interest in allowing more than 25 tracks in a Beatport Mixes mix.

I know some of you would never do such a thing, but there's a lot of us that use even more than 25, and it would be nice to be able to flex a full mix without having to make it shorter than usual.

VOTE HERE and let's show Beatport that we want this!

309 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
DnB250DnB250 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
audiophilejackaudiophilejack shared a merged idea: Increase Track Limit on mixes to 30 tracks  ·   · 
TheStepperTheStepper shared a merged idea: No more than 25 tracks??????  ·   · 
DnB250DnB250 shared a merged idea: More than 25 tracks!  ·   · 

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • chapmad2chapmad2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I regularly do mixes 2 hours long. last one has 28 tracks in it.

Approved for upload, but can't put enough tracks in the tracklist for it.

Sux..

• ErwinCErwinC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any news on this... I have another mix with more then 25 tracks. 30 this time.
    40 or 50 tracks would be fine for me.
    I even cheated once and not entered the 26th track out of frustration..

• Serdar Ors a.k.a. Dj CoslowSerdar Ors a.k.a. Dj Coslow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now 25 Tracks Set is ready my account but last 02.27 uploader always give error cant save javascript NULL this is wite iwth error,ı am try all browseers mac. window cant finished and my account set ready

• girostomgirostom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm behind the idea of allowing more then 25 tracks.absolutely;But I think this is more a financial problem..if they have to pay the copyright's from 50 tracks (like some people say) all from the 8euro they get from the customer, then there's no money left to pay the dj I think...:)
    correct me if I'm wrong.

• dsaloniadsalonia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think 25 is too low. Some DJs may need more flexibility to create demos or medleys. However, at what point does a track become a sample? Perhaps we say a track must be one minute in length or more. A mix could be a collection of 3-50 tracks... I don't think we need more than 50, the length of a typical show. Just some thoughts.

• chrisrobinchrisrobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully support this. Might also tie into the idea of adjusting the price of mixes based on the length of mix / number of tracks mixed.

• riimiXriimiX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I probably go through 20-50 tracks in an hour depending on the style I'm mixing. 25 is waayy too low.

• TheRealM0D3MTheRealM0D3M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've never used Beatport Mixes, but just my practice sessions use about 20 songs. So for a full mix...well, at least make it 30!

~God Bless,
    M0D3M

• krittahkrittah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree totally. I uploaded my mix with 45 tracks only to realize afterwards that I can only sync it to 25 of the tracks on the mix. I also have some vinyl tracks on there, not sure how I can add those to the track listing with out it automatically saying that I am the artist for those tracks??

• djshaundjshaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! My typical mix is 2 hours and around 25ish tracks. The first mix I tried to upload had 26 tracks. Bummer! I deleted that mix to avoid any issues down the road.

• DnB250DnB250 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone else behind this idea? I know there aren't a ton of users on this particular forum but please support this thread by voting if you are behind this idea.

• DnB250DnB250 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i know there's only 50 suers on this particular forum atm but let's get those votes in here!

• xA3167xA3167 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, mostly because I feel that many live dubstep performances such as Knife Party, Kill the Noise etc. uses at least 40 tracks per show. Maybe its different for each genre but that is my observation.

• ErwinCErwinC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was the case. I think they changed it when coming from alpha to beta.
    I already uploaded a mix with much more tracks.
    Problem is that they price of your mix can not be the same and will be much higher...

Feedback and Knowledge Base