How can we improve Beatport Mixes?

Maybe if there was some sort of sign next to tracks to let you know if they are eligible for beatport mixes when buying them

Maybe if there was a sign next to the songs to let you know are they eligible for beatport mixes when buying them i bought 3 or 4 songs i really wanted to put in my mix just to find out they weren't eligible was a huge let down

239 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dalew158Dalew158 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
GAVIN1971GAVIN1971 shared a merged idea: Let us know what tracks are eligible for using on mixes before buying them  ·   · 
DjTreborDjTrebor shared a merged idea: Songs for use in beatport sessions  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • krislangfordkrislangford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad everyone is is agreement. I just found out the one track I finally decide to open my set with is not available. As any DJ knows a lot of time goes into track selection. I really do NOT know why this has not been solved by Beatport. Isnt it supposed to cater to DJs?

• Sam27Sam27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is what I have been doing for now. It tends to be the same labels that don't allow their tracks to be used on beatport mixes. The likes of Virgin, FFRR Ultra, usually the big ones. If you are buying from a label for the first time. On the main page for the label hit the "mixes" tab. If there are no mixes listed then you can probably safely assume that this label won't make their tracks beatport mixes eligible.

• renurenu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

extraordinary suggestion! it is a waste of time & money to buy a track to find out that you can not include it in your DJ Set for sale... by the way, we don´t need to vote on this, this is common sense beatport staff, please.. thank you :)

• blizterblizter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really Beatport? This is an absolute must.

"Perhaps on the player somewhere when previewing tracks and before you add to basket there is a little icon that says 'available for mixes'"

• djleemodjleemo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps on the player somewhere when previewing tracks and before you add to basket there is a little icon that says 'available for mixes'

• 7mova77mova7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree!! It isn't a technical issue at all but maybe they just want us to buy tracks which most of us wouldn't buy if they were marked as ineligible for remixing?!!!!
    Prove me wrong but so far beatport hasn't solved this issue...I am waiting since 2012...what a shame!

• mdmealymdmealy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not Sure why we are even thinking about this, it should be a given, WHATS UP BEATPORT??!!

• ArmidaArmida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Let's get some more votes"? This is actually a must!

I bought "Smalltalk (Four Tet Remix - Bonus Track)" by Ultraísta and one of my own tracks (I wanted to promote it and to be bought by others) to play 'em on a gig and upload the dj mix later to Beatport Mixes. Then I found both Ultraísta's track and mine are not eligible. It's not about my track anyway (i can just upload the mix and say it's mine, that's allowed anyway) but the other one was one of the most enjoyed tracks of the night. And I can't upload the mix.

If we could just have a little icon to tell us if it's available or not would be cool.

• theforceofgtheforceofg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has happened to me as well, perhaps a way to tell on your shopping cart before purchase only for those who are able to beatport mixes to know before purchase it is not eligible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base