How can we improve Beatport Mixes?

Purchase posibility of WAV and MP3

As a quality freak I only buy WAV tracks.
So I find it important to upload my mixes in WAV to.
BUT...
I'm aware it can deter customers away because the file size.

So I would like to see the same principle as with tracks.
A customer can download a MP3 or a WAV (wave fee?).
So I suspect BP can take care of transcoding the wav file to MP3?

Greetz
Irvin Cee

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ErwinCErwinC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
DJulzondrumsDJulzondrums shared a merged idea: Be able to import stuff like wav  ·   · 
djfuzzedjfuzze shared a merged idea: WAV mixes  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ArmidaArmida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mr. norbertm has a point. Perhaps to upload both WAV and mp3 it's the best, since Beatport wouldn't have to deal with encoding. So the work of encoding should go to the fact that WAV files need a higher quality standard. So first of all, to make eligible only tracks purchased on wav/aiff format. Second, to approve the mixes: Check the spectrum of waves to know if they're not transcoded. That'd be awesome (you'll be able to check if you're actually selling lossless).

Then, in the end, to create a special section of lossless available mixes. Lossless junkies (like me) would visit that section specially for the lossless thing.

I don't think everyone will upload lossless mixes, so it's not like it'll be too hard.

• norbertmnorbertm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too but I don't need any automatic conversion, in fact I prefer to do the conversion myself and upload both the mp3 and wav files manually.

• riimiXriimiX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm the same way. I only shop in WAV. It's important for the site itself to stay consistent in options. Otherwise it's just sloppy, and looks disorganized. I'm totally behind this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base