How can we improve Beatport Mixes?

Price scale based on number of songs

It seems like the current price is set in stone regardless of the number of songs in the mix. Which means that a 40 minute mix will have the same price as a 2 hour mix. I would prefer to see the possibility of this scaling based on the amount of songs.

119 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
eanderssoneandersson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
MisterDMSMisterDMS shared a merged idea: How can I change the price of my mix?  ·   · 
grochmalgrochmal shared a merged idea: Allow the DJ to give input on the price  ·   · 
kingbertkingbert shared a merged idea: Option For Free Download  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • T.mouseT.mouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree! Except no time limitation. If that cannot be done, then yes the time limitation. There are VERY few tracks I have not purchased on Beatport. It would be great to showcase what myself and other DJs have done with what they bought on there as well by allowing for a free promo mix!

• ianbianb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the idea of pricing based on songs. If anything, it should be based on time, length of entire mix. If you base pricing on individual tracks, people are going to be upset that "you didn't play enough of that one", and "I had to pay for you to use thirty seconds of that". In an ideal world there should be a "soundhound" type app that scans the waveform and determines exactly how much 'needle-time' each track enjoyed and split the proceeds accordingly.

• theforceofgtheforceofg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the pricing should also take into consideration the current price of the tracks used in the mix

Feedback and Knowledge Base