How can we improve Beatport Mixes?

promos

how do we include promo tracks we were given, but are now available on beatport?

343 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
morganpagemorganpage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
roachmanroachman shared a merged idea: AS MOST DJS DO GET TRACKS WHICH ARE PROMOS THESE SHOULD BE ALLOWED  ·   · 
devoedevoe shared a merged idea: Ability to search for your own original track...even though you haven't purchased it.  ·   · 
djalexgasdjalexgas shared a merged idea: Future Out  ·   · 
phd1982phd1982 shared a merged idea: Sorry guys, too limited  ·   · 
rubicon7rubicon7 shared a merged idea: Not flexible enough  ·   · 

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • renurenu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with all these restrictions to include tracks not purchased or available in beatport, the only outcome is mediocre beatport mixes, that simple. This also pushes away good talented DJs from beatport mixes.. do your math guys :).

• angelisrael949angelisrael949 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in my opinion it would be great if beatport give us the option to use all the tracks we want, unrealesed tracks , own tracks wathever, with the condition of include the minimum of 1 or 2 Beatport tracks from the purchase history

• WodjerwantWodjerwant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree and I think some of you are missing the point of the question. I use unreleased tracks of other artists in my mix which may never get released and more than likely never will. I also use my own tracks which are also unreleased. These are far from being priated from Free Download sites or copying. Having the restriction of only BP tracks is very restrictive which means effects our artistic direction which of course should be free from any disctractions as this IS ART AFTER ALL!!! So any restrictions fro a service like this should be managed accordingly.

• girostomgirostom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my day's whe paid 10euro a vinyl record..now people are complaining about 2euro...come'on..If you sell your mix twice you got your money back.
    when I get an exclusive promo the last thing I wanna do, is put it online. keep it exclusive.just my opinion.

• turpin66turpin66 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah i agree i just got eclipse by ummet ozcan which i got off him through facebook for free and i would like the choice to include these type of tracks. this track is never gonna be released so is impossble to purchase anyway. thumbs up for this idea!

• KickflipKickflip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there, yeah I definitely think we need a way to be able to put mixes up for sale containing promos we've been sent, but without having to buy the relevant tracks first.

I understand the point about people being able to download tracks and pretend they bought them, but then, places like FatDrop have watermarked, trackable promos. Could something could be worked out to ensure that the tracks included in the mix have the correct watermark on them?

• markusbeatmarkusbeat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about the promo's we receive from other dj's producers that are not available on BP, or at least not when we upload the mix ?

• ScooterguyScooterguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great idea, I receive every week more then 150 promo's from labels but if want to use them here in a mix I can't...

• jdub3jdub3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

promo tracks given out by beatport or promo tracks from the artist or label? definitely promo tracks that beatport gave our for free should be usable. this is in a different post.

• aardwareaardware commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, if a mix includes promo tracks that are available on beatport, that DJ IS supporting the artist, by advertising the track for them so that listeners will buy the track. That is the whole point of a promo (although that seems to have gotten a little lost in translation recently).

• Bitch BrosBitch Bros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BAD BAD Idea!!! It would kill the very idea of BUYING the tracks on Beatport. Come on!! Tracks are not that expensive, folks. Go out and spend a buck!!!

• Sam27Sam27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bad idea, people will just upload all of those tracks they stole online and say that they were "promos"

• chearmstrongchearmstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, we should be able to include any track, that is available on Beatport. Not just from purchase history.

Feedback and Knowledge Base