How can we improve Beatport.com?

Needs to set up a Moombahton genre

Please?

900 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
EightForty ProEightForty Pro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
DejaDruDejaDru shared a merged idea: why in gods name is their not a moombahton or trap genre? you guys are held in such high esteem by artists but cant even classify them right  ·   · 
DejaDruDejaDru shared a merged idea: PLEASE make a moombahton and trap category  ·   · 
AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Moombahton Genre  ·   · 
Mathieu Tremblay FortinMathieu Tremblay Fortin shared a merged idea: Moombathon (110 BPM and around) as a genre  ·   · 
under review  ·  BeatportMarcBeatportMarc responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback. If this gets a large number of votes, we’ll look into adding this genre.

53 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dpsttmpstdpsttmpst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only if they clearly state moombahthon is a fusion of reggaeton and electro house, but otherwise...no. Most of what is considered "moombahton" still sounds like electro house with a slower tempo.

• ShendosoundShendosound commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this still being considered? moombah is a very distinct sound it, and with modern producers trying all sorts of things there are bound to be more moombahton bangers in the future. make it a genre already!

• dpsttmpstdpsttmpst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, Moombahton doesn't need a new genre. Just like fidget house and big-room house, they all use '80s electropop sounds. Moombahton, fidget house, and big-room house ARE electro house.

• brichards719brichards719 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the main reason is because lots of moombahton is in the glitch hop section so it's hard to find sometimes. plus, i'm frequently in the electro house room on soundrop on spotify and they don't allow anything with the glitch hop genre label from beatport even if it's moombahton which is allowed in the electro house room.

• PierreVonZeusPierreVonZeus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agreed with what John said, Moombahton is a perfect addition to the genre. See, fitering by bpm, 110 got glitch-hop and 110 bass. Those are completely different genres but its a hassle to weed out what's specifically is moombahton and the other 2 genres that I mentioned above.

• DJJohnMalgioglioDJJohnMalgioglio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

filtering is cool but you get a ton of other stuff. the addition would give labels and also artists a new chart and a new place to shine. it would cultivate the genre and be a tremendous addition to the genre.

• djseanstelladjseanstella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, i would have to say no Moombahton, but possibly a genre specifically for that kind of sound, encompassing Moombahton, Trap, Reggaeton, b-more type tunes

• quistuhphaquistuhpha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hurry up. If you are in the electronic music internet distribution market, you guys are gonna have to be able to adapt quickly to all the new genres. Start improving and updating the foundation of your site instead of coming through selling new sh*t like DJ gear.

• TECCMusicTECCMusic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add moombahton AND moombahcore, I don't get why they haven't done this yet. It's so frustrating sifting through loads of Electro House releases, when you finally find one, they put it under Electro House. Come on, if Glitch Hop, is recognised, why not Moombahton???

P.S Can someone tell me what a "large number of votes" is on Beatport, please?

• kickback101kickback101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what exactly is a "large number of votes"? cuz i think there are already a lot :) either way im in for it

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base