Beatport

Feel free to leave a suggestion. If you have a problem with your account, please contact our Customer Care team by emailing support@beatport.com.

How can we improve Beatport.com?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Why can't you re-download tracks after some time?

I think it should be available troughout the life of your account. It's like buying CD, you buy it only once

1,121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    169 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Advanced Search Filtering

If I'm a dummy (definitely possible) and I missed it I apologize but a solid advanced search is definitely the most necessary addition to this site. We need to be able to search by all the factors available. Genre, bpm, key, etc.

544 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    70 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  BeatportMarcBeatportMarc responded

Thanks for your feedback Aces. You’re correct that there are no advanced search filters or fields in the search results. Additionally it is not possible to filter any track list by BPM and Key yet. We hope to add both of these features in the future.

3. Customer reward system

Have suggested this in the past direct Customer Service but it was somewhat brushed off. Beatport customers are investing 100s, 1000s, if not tens of thousands of dollars over time into this service and discount vouchers are only offered at a minimum nor is there any kind of consistant rewards system in place. If it was possible, would love to see a system that rewards regular customers in some way or another, rather than the general 20% off (with a strict time limit on the voucher) emailed out every few months or more.
    Perhaps some kind of points system or…

226 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Highlight tracks I've already purchased

OK, admittedly there's a fair amount of user error involved here. But, sometimes I buy a track and quickly forget that fact. And a week later, I'll then "rediscover" it - and try and buy it.

Could you highlight previously purchased items in a listing so I don't even attempt to buy them again? I feel super dumb each time I do it.

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix BPM / Key for the following tracks:

We're still refining our BPM and Key detection.

If you find a track that's marked incorrectly, please leave a comment here with a link to the track page.

If you find a track that has a playback error, please contact support@beatport.com for help resolving this issue.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2831 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chose which part of a track to listen

I'd love to scroll that green rectangle!
    With tracks expanding to 12 minutes, sometimes more, and especially for DJ mixes and progressive style tracks in which a couple of minutes does not tell enough of the story, or when someone is looking for a track that needs the highs or lows in a way that matches that "wonderful track I absolutely want to play"... and the label chose another part of the track for preview.

It's fine that the publisher decides which segment is best to initially preview, but it would be great if I can easily preview other parts…

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  BeatportMarcBeatportMarc responded

Thanks for your feedback. We would like to introduce a feature like this in the future.

7. Switch between classic and current top genre / artist / label top 10s

It would be great to have a switch to change between "alltime" and "current" (i.e. last 3 months) top 10's for label, artist and genre chart pages.

This would give people the chance to check what's hot about their favorite artists and labels right NOW and filter out the old stuff which they might have bought and played years ago already.

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. gift cards

Your knowledge base has left the question hanging for years! Can you PLEASE provide proper gift cards? Even if they're not physical, they're really important! I and many others would love to be able to recieve and send gift cards at christmas but that isn't going to happen at the moment is it?

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Payment Processors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Matthew. I’m afraid that we will not be providing Gift Cards this year. However, this is something we would like to offer in the future.

9. Better Sub-Genre Categorization, Sub-Genre Menu & Top Downloads

The main genres are fine and I think the biggest complaint I hear from a lot of users and friends is that Beatport has become more like a walmart for dance music. Because there is no "sub-genre" page or way to get deeper into dance music you are stuck at the top of the main genre page showing top 10 downloads. So you are always seeing just the most popular. It makes it very hard to dig down in and spread the exposure more evenly. I think what is needed is A) More Sub-Genre options for Labels to choose from…

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Genres  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for you feedback symbio. We definitely recognize a need for better/more genre categorization and will be introducing features to this effect in the future.

10. 111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. accept bitcoin as payment method

This is the future, why not be an early adopter? and you save a ton on fees too

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Payment Processors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback Roger. We would like to see bitcoin gain more traction with the public before we implement it but I’ll leave this tread open so people can vote for it.

12. ideal Support

please support ideal !!

i wanted to buy multiple songs for months now and ideal is simply for me the best way..

alot of young people dont use paypal

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Payment Processors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion. If we see a large number of votes for this we will look into integrating it.

13. Improve Hold Bin functionality

I would love to somehow categorize the tracks in the hold bin. For all of us who find more incredibly wonderful tracks in a single "Discovery Beatport Session" than we could possibly buy in 6 months, the Hold Bin is fundamental to store all candidates for a second or third review before adding the chosen ones to the cart. If for example my hold bin has 200 tracks, I would like a tool that allows me to meaningfully classify them to help me decide say for the 30 best that my current flimsy budget allows. A couple of ideas, sorted…

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We would love to see functionality like this in the future so we’ll see what we can do.

14. Monthly fee for unlimited downloads.

I know... iTunes... but it's so much cheaper for me to just wait to buy an album from them. I want to support artists and not just torrent my music, but at $19 for 10 songs, I have a much lower interest in buying. A monthly "gold" pass or something would be cool to where a certain amount was paid and you could either have reduced price downloads, or my favorite, unlimited downloads. Maybe I don't fully understand how Beatport works in terms of financial distributions to individual artists, but for increased sales this just makes sense to me.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We are currently investigating pricing on a couple different fronts.

15. Trap genre

Similar to the need for a moombahton genre section, I think a trap genre would be good.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Genres  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This project has been on hold for some time but we would still like to include this functionality in the future.

17. A Joint venture with other main digital shops against piracy and download link.

Please consider to share cost with other shops to fight illegal links, sites, fourms. All this stuff is killing music, is killing quality music. With all this illegal downloads it's almost impossible to pay professional people for graphic, mastering, remixers etc. etc. These costs are unaffordable for the single labels, not for 20 digital shops in a single investments. More download for artists means more download for labels, distributor and of course for Beatport (and other shops).

Thanks

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Highlight already listened tracks

Beatport should track what you've already listened to and make it easy not to listen to it again unless you explicitly want to.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hide artists/labels from results

Many labels are "punched" a bunch of garbage every day, and it's annoying!
    BLACKLIST will help filter out "bad" labels and artists!
    This will help your shop to be better, without creating a new partition for commercial music, every customer can decide for himself - what kind of music "to remove the counter" for convenience...

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Delete Artists From MyBeatport directly, while browsing.

I have loads of artists in MyBeatport that I have been adding for the last year, and would like to remove them as I go along. it would be great if there was a remove artist feature when You click on the tools icon on each song. rather than going through the whole lot of the list on the side, some of the artists I may not recognize, so it's best to just listen and delete. At the moment, about 40% of MyBeatport is music that I like, and it's a mess.

Thanks

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  BeatportMarcBeatportMarc responded

Thanks for your feedback Thomas. We’ll see what we can do.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Beatport

Feedback and Knowledge Base